Chapter 9

*This picture above is drawn by me. If it isn't so artistic then I'm sorry but this is just a representation of the Shell Coach we are doing to wheeling our mermaid friend to meet the birthday girl. Again if you wish to copy it ASK  ME FIRST! DON'T STEAL IT! Read on to find out more. Thank You=)*

Some curses can cause you to hear odd things. Voices can be a good thing or they can be a bad thing. 

Today seems my mind is playing tricks on me and it can be slowly unraveling into insanity.  Why and how? let's read to find out.

We walk through the hallway and when we exit there is the blue, green, and white shell coach. It really does need a paint job but in different colors like Austin exclaimed. 

Perhaps gold or silver like treasure. When I think silver, the merman floats in my thoughts which startles me a bit.

Why should or would I think about him? 

Because you love him and attracted to him.

No, I am not interested in him. 

He is just a new asset and nothing more.

Or is he? You did kiss him.

That kiss means nothing!

Looked like you enjoyed it if it meant nothing.

Who are you even to say that?

I am part of your brain that thinks logically.

More like illogically. What happened was the merman's actions. He is the one who kissed me. 

If you say so but you didn't pull away.

Perhaps I reminded him of someone from his home.

'Home.'  Such a word means a lot of things. The merman home is where a lot more mermaids and mermen are swimming and being free while this merman is in a tank.  

A rectangle tank being examined by scientists and can be experimented on more in the biology aspect. 

Home.

The simple word replays many memories of my family in my mind. Can I even call the house a home anymore with only me in it? It is now just a house that gives me a place to sleep, eat and be safe.

"Home is wherever you are with whom you love."  my mother once told me when a hurricane passed by the coast and was shaking the house. I was three and scared that we would lose our home.

"Alright, so you know the jists. We appear and you wave with a smile greeting the crowd. Soon clear your throat from 'seawater' from the tank and make the announcement asking for the girl. etcetera." Austin trails on about the plan. 

I know about from all the birthday meetings and greetings I make with the children of the world.

I see the basket was taken by Austin and he holds it in his hands. The necklace still in there gleaming in the light. Its bright gleams hold strong hypnotic magic that I can't tear my gaze away.

I want that necklace gone as soon as possible. Keeping it will cause me to go mad; with voices in my head.

Max is pushing the coach at the side. Under it has wheels making it easy to roll me down and the children have a better chance of getting in the coach with me like Cinderella and go for a ride if they want.

No ride today, just give the child the necklace and be done with it.

The doors open and millions of cameras flash for photos. Luckily, I have a smile already on my face. I wave my right hand at the audience and pose with different facial expressions.