Episode 11

They both walk to the market while Shehnaaz carried Aadya. Though his height was quiet bigger than hers, he took smaller steps to ensure that they walk together.

Shehnaaz asks Sidharth to buy kerosene for the stove while she shopped for vegetables. She goes to the vegetable vendor who sat on the street with heaps of vegetable spread on the tarpaulin sheet.

She held Aadya's hand and bent down sorting fresh and good tomatoes after bargaining with the vendor. A random guy ogled at her from distance who was leaning unto an electric pole. He spit the matchstick which he had been biting between his teeth and approached her.

Shehnaaz: Bhaiyya, what's the cost of these potatoes?

She bent again to pick potatoes, the man spread out his hand as he approached to spank her base when suddenly his hand was held by Sidharth and twisted towards his back while he held his shoulder with another.

The man shrieked in pain and Shehnaaz turned to look into the direction.

Sidharth: Abbey machchar! (Bloody Leech).  Your hands must be too itchy. Let me help you by amputating it totally.

Man: Oh help, leave me.. it hurts..

He tightened his grip more on his hand.

Aadhya: Papa!! papa!! (Aadya clapped)

Man: Bro, I wasn't aware that she is your wife, else I wouldn't have tried touching her. Please sister, save me.. stop him..

Sidharth: If she wasn't my wife you would have touched? Are all girls your father's property that can touch them any way you desire?

Shehnaaz didn't say a word but inturn she enjoyed the way Sidharth was teaching lesson to the loafer.

Vegetable Vendor: Bhabhiji (sister-in-law), please stop your husband. I understand that person is a loafer but the cops would arrest your husband as well for enquiry.

Shehnaaz pondered upon his words. Though she wanted the loafer to be punished, she was worried about Sidharth.

The man was now pleading him out of pain and promising him that he will never ever repeat such thing in his life.

Shehnaaz: Aadya's papa, please leave him now. He must have learnt his lesson already.

Sidharth anger was such that he couldn't hear her. Besides the man was also shrieking loudly in pain.

She went and hugged him by both his arms and pulled him back asking him to leave the man, Sidharth left him and the loafer ran for his life.

Shehnaaz was still pulling him back.

Sidharth: Shehnaaz, he is gone. You can leave me. I won't run behind him.

She left him and ran to hold Aadya. They both bought vegetables. They bought some other necessities as well before then started back to home.

Shehnaaz: Thank you Aadya's papa.

Sidharth: For what?

Shehnaaz: For protecting me from being touched inappropriately by that loafer and for teaching him a proper lesson.

Sidharth: Isn't that every man's responsibility? I feel sad when a lady has to thank a man for protecting her because where it should be an unwritten rule that every man should make a girl around him feel secured, they themselves make them feel unsecured either by harming them or by being a silent spectator when they are harmed. I feel women themself should also put up fight against such bullies rather than silently going through the torture or waiting for someone else to come and protect them. Why did you stop me?