Episode 33

Shehnaaz looks outside and opens up the door even before the car could stop properly and runs towards the house.

Aadya was jumping stairs near the door. (There were just two stairs 🙂)

She looks at Shehnaaz and screams "Mummaaa" with joy as Shehnaaz hugs her tightly with her eyes filled with tears. She than kisses her whole face. Harpreet comes rushes towards the door calling Aadya.

Harpreet: Aadya Bebu? What happened?

Shehnaaz ears heard the word "Bebu", that familiar voice which she longed to hear since 11 years. She releases Aadya and looks into the direction of the door and she gets a glimpse of her mother.

Shehnaaz: Amma...

Her voice choked, eyes welled up and her heart was filled with heavy emotions. She felt like a big ball of emotions stuck her throat making it difficult to utter even a word after Amma. She sobs like a little baby. Harpreet stumbles as she finds her daughter infront of her, her knees were feeling weaker. Travelling those few step felt like a travelling across seven seas. As they cover the distance they both hug reach other and cry their heart out. Harpreet pulls out.

Harpreet: Are you alright bebu? How did you escape from the kidnapper?

Shehnaaz: (smiles through teary eyes) He is my kidnapper (she points at Devraj) but now my friend! Who knows better than us how situations can turn one criminal in their life in the eyes of other person.

Harpreet nods. Devraj was emotional having witnessed the reunion of mother and daughter. When daughter comes to their maternal home from her husband's house even for few days, the mother and daughters cry at the reunion. Here they hadn't met for 11 long and painful years. There was no boundaries to emotional breakdown.

Harpreet: (cups her face and looks at her carefully) Bebu, you've become so big and beautiful. How I missed to see you growing up. I hoped everyday that I could see you once before I die. I feared that I may not see you at all. 9 years, I just hoped and prayed every single day that you were safe because I didn't see you or hear anything from you. But last two years were better as you wrote letters though I never replied to you on your instruction as you changed your address frequently.

Shehnaaz: (looked at her mother carefully) Amma, you look older than your age. All these years, I couldn't find peace thinking that you had to go through imprisonment due to my deeds. You spent a whole decade being locked up and surrounded by four walls. I am sorry, Amma.

Harpreet: What for bebu? You did the right thing and I am proud of you. You are brave and you don't get suppressed by anyone like me. You put of fight against bully because of which you are blessed to have a family and a husband like Sidharth. I have seen him and he had been restless and lifeless like a fish taken out of water tank without you. I am glad to see that you have a loving husband. I just want all the evil eye to stay away from your family.

Shehnaaz: Where is Aadya's papa?

Harpreet: He has been searching for you day in and day out everywhere. If it wasn't for Aadya, he wouldn't have returned home at all until he found you.

All four go inside the house. Devraj didn't leave and waited for Sidharth to return so that he could clear all his misunderstandings which he had created between him and Shehnaaz.

Shehnaaz narrated Harpreet her story after Harpreet got imprisoned until she met her again. Devraj also heard it and

Shehnaaz was restless herself as she waited for Sidharth to come home soon. Harpreet sat on the mat beside her. Shehnaaz looked at her with a dull face as the clock ticked wondering when will her wait be over and when she will unite with her husband. Shehnaaz placed her head in Harpreet's lap and looked at the clock hanging on the opposite wall. Harpreet caressed her head slowly pouring all her love.