Episode 26

Sidharth was excited as today finally he was going to get his salary. The fruit for all the hard work he and Shehnaaz had been doing since a month. He had set a big list of to-do's after getting his salary and he knew that the first salary won't be able to meet them all but he could atleast tick few out off the list.

When his salary got credited into his account and he got a message on the phone. He happiness turned into dilemma. The question was how to prioritise the needs. On one hand they needed furniture for home, on the other he wanted to buy her earrings since she sold them to meet the shortage of fund. He also had to buy her a phone since she had given him the only phone she had. Everything felt equally important to him.

Sidharth comes home with a huge smile and gives both Aadya and Shehnaaz a big hug.

Sidharth: Shehnaaz, here is my ATM card and the pin number. I got my salary today. But I was in dilemma to choose between things, hence I leave it to you. I've already withdrawn money which I would need for my travel expenses.

Shehnaaz: What is the dilemma in it Aadya's papa? First thing is we are going tomorrow to bring back Maaji (mother-in-law) home. Then we will need furniture for home like bed and chair for her.

Sidharth: Shehnaaz, I hope you will be comfortable with her after what she did to Aadya when she was born.

Shehnaaz: I don't know about all that but at present she doesn't remember anything from the past and if she had to not do it, probably I wouldn't have met you at all in my life.

Sidharth: Your are right sweetheart, all the pain looks so small when we are together. The regrets which I had once in my life are all disappearing one by one.

Shehnaaz: Everything look like a tapasya (penance) to achieve a perfect pati like you. (Giggles)

Sidharth: And to me it looks like I was on the way of becoming a sage Vishwamitra and you came as Menaka. (Laughs)

She shows him her tongue and teases him.

Shehnaaz: Will Maaji have any problem with my short hair?

Sidharth: I don't think she will have any problem.

Shehnaaz: Did you notice my hair has grown a little bit longer? How do I look? (She stroked her hair infront of mirror)

Sidharth: You look very gorgeous sweetheart. Those hair looks sexy and they drive me crazy. (He kisses her ears while hugging her by her waist from behind and resting his chin on her shoulders)

Shehnaaz: I was thinking, where are we going to sleep once maaji comes home? I think Aadya and Maaji can sleep in the room and we can sleep in the hall. I wish this house had 2 rooms. But the rent would have also been too much. May be once we are settled a bit we can shift to a bigger house.

Sidharth: Hmmm...

Sidharth was gawking at her in the mirror while Shehnaaz was talking non-stop and laughing in between.