Episode 34

Since Devraj and Shehnaaz were friends now, he asks her to help him and Simran in shopping for groom and bridal dresses and jewellery. She agrees and goes for shopping with them accompanied by Sidharth.

Shehnaaz: Devraj, I hardly have any experience with selecting clothes. I just came here on your insistence.

Devraj: But you are married already so you would have knowledge about marriage shopping.

Sidharth: Our marriage has to be the cheapest wedding I suppose. She didn't buy any bridal wear at all, infact she was wearing her old dress. We didn't have any money to purchase one.

Devraj: Is it? (Shehnaaz nods) What about you Sidharth? What did you wore?

Sidharth: Shehnaaz had gifted me few new set of formals for office so I wore one from that. She even bought new clothes for Aadya.

Devraj: Shehnaaz, how can you be so selfless? Look at Simmi having so much confusion for choices in bridal dresses. (Looks at Simran comparing dresses)

Shehnaaz: Perhaps our financial capacity makes us prioritise based on our necessities.

Simran: Hey Shehnaaz, pink or maroon?

Shehnaaz: Both are beautiful but I think pink will suit you the most.

Devraj: (To the salesman) Could you pack both please? I don't want her to feel that she might have looked good in the other later. Also I want these two matching Sherwani to be packed. I'll wear according to her dress.

They go to the jewellery shopping. While Simran and Shehnaaz looked for Simran's choice of jewellery. Sidharth went to see earrings.

Sidharth: This is pretty. Pack this.

Devraj: For Aadya? (He looks at the small earrings)

Sidharth: No! For Shehnaaz. (He looks at the earrings and smiles) She had sold her earrings to arrange for Aadya's school fees. I didn't have a job then so I was helpless. She has sacrificed a lot for me and Aadya. I just hope to fulfill all her wishes. My past salaries went to buy furniture and phone for her, finally I could buy her the earrings though small. You know even before we married she gave me her only phone as well. I just couldn't see her anymore with those sticks in her ears. These will look beautiful on her.

Devraj: The more I know about her the more I admire her. You found a gem!

Sidharth: I did!! She annoys me with her stupidity sometimes but I love her for everything she is.

Devraj: Sidharth, can I ask you something?

Sidharth: Yes!

Devraj: How was your first wife? Do you still miss your first love?

The men were least aware of they being overheard by Shehnaaz now. She wanted to hear Sidharth's answer

Sidharth: I spent a beautiful life with her. I met her at my client's office. She was his secretary. I admired and adored her bubbliness and liveliness the most. She would pull pranks and captured everyone's eye balls with her outgoing and chirpy talks. We fell in love and got married after dating for 2 years. Another 2 years of togetherness filled with lots of love and romance. I never realised how my time went by with her.

When she left me, I was devastated. The beautiful memories I created with her haunted me. I lost every priced possession I had in my life as I mourned for 3 years. I loved her, I still do and she will be in my heart forever.

Salesman: Excuse me Sir. (The salesman got the card swiping machine for him and before he paid that he explained the billing breakup)

Shehnaaz's eyes welled up and she got up and went to the restroom. She cried not knowing the reason. Possessiveness doesn't differentiate between the living and dead. She knew it wasn't right to feel bad but she simply couldn't help.