Shots - Chapter Three

Davina King

"Angel?"

The nickname he gave was confusing to me.

What part of me does he think resembles an angel?

Obviously, my nickname for him made perfect sense. Tattoos fit him well, he probably had them from his toes all the way up. So what led him to call me Angel?

"Yes, Angel" he replied.

"Believe me pretty boy, I am no angel" I stated with a small laugh. He replied with an 'mhmm' as if he didn't believe me.

I would believe me if I were him. I mean just look at what I'm wearing, no angel would be walking around in a skirt as short as this one.

"You're just all too innocent," he took a pause before saying it again."Angel" A smirk spread across his face like he knew how the new pet name was getting to me. No one had ever called me Angel before. Although I didn't find it very fitting, there was a part of me that liked it.

Instead of making a smartass comment to him, I just rolled my eyes. I thought that this was such a small action that didn't mean anything, but apparently he wasn't a fan of it.

"You better watch who the hell you're rolling your eyes at." He stared me down with his intimidating blue eyes. I felt like they were piercing my soul.

"Or else what?" I wanted to push his buttons just a little, see how far I could push him.

"Or else I'll give you a real reason to roll them"

My whole body froze and tensed up. There is no way he actually just said that. He didn't even hesitate before he said it. Maybe he didn't mean it in the way that I took it. I wanted to believe that, but the mischievous smirk that wouldn't leave his lips told me I took it in the exact way he meant it.

"You're so full of yourself aren't you?" I questioned him with a slight smile. My attempt to not let it show how his words were making me feel.

"No Love. I'm not cocky, just confident."

Holy hell.

I literally cannot deal with these nicknames or the confidence that man has. It's like he has no fears and nothing in this world could ever get to him. I just smiled and shook my head at him. He opened his mouth to say something but he was quickly cut off. Not be me or another voice. No, this was a sound that made me freeze in fear. It was loud and echoed throughout the club.

It was a gunshot.

Matteo Romano

I heard it as clear as day. The first loud 'pop' and then the ones that followed after.

So did everyone else in the club. The second the first shot was fired there was instant panic. Not in me though, I've been in these types of situations more times than I can count. The panic spread through everyone else in Echo. People were screaming and running around looking for an escape. Others were searching for somewhere to hide from whoever was shooting.

She was frozen. The fear is so evident in her eyes. All her movements had come to a stop.

She wasn't going to move on her own. She was too scared. If she had been pretty much any other person I wouldn't have done anything, but she intrigued me. I wasn't going to let her die because someone wants me dead.

That was the conclusion I had come to. It was someone taking shots at me, and she was about to be stuck in the crossfire.

The body guard that I had with me already had his own handgun drawn and was ready to fire the second he had his sight on someone. With my right hand I grabbed my gun from my waistband, I used my other hand to hoist my body over the bar. I grabbed onto her to pull her down to the floor with me. She put her back to the bar as I stayed crouched down next to her.

"You're gonna be fine, okay? We'll get out." If I was going to get her out of here I had to calm her down and make her trust me. She finally looked me in the eyes and nodded her head.

The gun fire was still ringing through the club space. There had to be at least two people firing at us right now. In my head, I came up with a plan. "Is there another exit in here?" I asked her.

"Yeah there's one out back through the employee lounge." She pointed back to an all black door with the words 'Employees Only' on it in gold lettering.

If we can get to that door we could block it off and that will give us a chance to run.

"Alright here's what we're gonna do. When they stop firing to reload, we're gonna run for the door." They both shook their heads in agreement with the plan. I knew my guard wasn't scared, this is the type of shit he was trained to handle. However, I could tell that the girl was still uneasy. She had probably never been in this type of situation before."You're going to be in front of the two of us so you're less likely to get hit." 

"Okay." She responded. 

A few more shots were fired towards us and we fired right back. One of my bullets hit a man in the stomach. He quickly dropped to the floor. I wasn't even sure if he was still alive, and quite frankly, I didn't care. As soon as the firing from them paused I knew it was time to go. I nodded my head towards her and she got the message, quickly taking off in a sprint.

I ran after her, my guard was behind both of us. Him and I both fired behind us as we all ran. Ducking and running between tables and chairs as we got closer to the door. Eventually we reached it and all pushed through it. I quickly started to push any furniture in the room in front of the door. I knew that the men out there would be right behind us, so we didn't have much time. My guard helped and soon enough there was a table and a couch that blocked the door from opening.

There was pounding on the door as they attempted to push it open. We were still short on time so I took my phone out and texted my driver to pick us up from the ally. Now that we weren't being forced to run, none of us did.

We waited for only about a minute after walking out into the ally for my driver to pull up to us. After we all got in the car I was finally able to take a breath.

I swear to god I'm going to find out who pulled that shit and I am going to personally make their life a living hell.

That was something else I had learned early on in this profession. Making the rest of someones life a living hell is greater revenge than giving them a painful death.

I sat in the backseat with her. I realized that I had never actually gotten her name. "As much as I would like to keep calling you Angel, I would also like to know the real name of the girl that I just saved."

Her bright eyes looked up from her hands to meet my own eyes.

"It's Davina."