'The Most Dangerous Drug' - Chapter Fourteen

Davina King

It had been two days since the shooting range. Kian had been over the majority of those two days, with Matteo in his office. Neither of them told me what they were discussing while that door was closed, and I knew better than to ask.

This was different from times previous though. I had only ever seen them like this when I first moved in, but I do believe that was just because they didn't trust me.

I hate all the secrets. Especially since now i'm about to be a part of Matteo's 'business'.

You would think that after living with the man for closer to a month now he would trust me, but no.

He trusted me enough to fuck me, literally multiple times in one night. He trusted me enough to give me a fully loaded gun. He trusted me enough to let me sleep in the room that was only two doors away from his.

So why are we right back to hiding shit?

It angered me more than it probably should have, but I refuse to just sit aside when I know something serious is happening.

Matteo has never been afraid to discuss his 'businesses' with me or around me. Now he wants to hide all aspects of it from me. What the hell changed?

I've given him two days to tell me what's going on but he's still shut in that god damn office.

I can't take this bullshit anymore.

I know all too well not to disrupt him while he's working but my pride and anger took over my mind.

I let out an angry breath before getting up from my seat at the kitchen island. The office door was between my room and his. It had been open before but I had never once took a step inside.

When I got to the door the sound of Kian and Matteo's muffled voices could be heard going back and forth, but I couldn't quite make out their exact words.

I gathered my thoughts knowing damn well this could take a turn in the wrong direction, but it was too late for me to go back once my hand pushed down on the door handle. Part of me was hoping it wouldn't have been unlocked so then I wouldn't have the chance to fuck this all up. However, the other part of me was ready to rip Matteo and Kian both apart.

The door swung open as soon as I pushed the handle down far enough. I walked in with my head held high so I didn't show that I was now slightly nervous. Two sets of eyes landed on me. Both voices silenced themselves.

The desk faced the door so Matteo was the first to make eye contact. I didn't even have to speak yet to see the anger flooding his eyes. The blue eyes I could, and have, gotten lost in now looked almost gray.

"What do you want?" His tone was lower than usual. No emotion besides anger could be seen on his face.

Fuck. Okay, remember what you came here for. Don't falter.

One of the two seats in front of the desk was occupied by Kian, so I sat myself down in the other. I never once broke contact with Matteo's eyes. If I looked away first he would win. He's not winning this time.

"I want to know what the fuck is going on." I do believe that my statement was pretty straightforward, so it only angered me more when he wanted to play dumb.