17

They should have been back by now.
Pack law should have called!
It was Friday and Jacob drove him to college.
He only had two classes and it felt like a wast of time to even go there.
But Jacob had insisted he should do something. Anything other than sitting and waiting and feeling horrible. He had never felt more useless before.
He was not one to sit and wait while others where out and in possible danger.

'You could talk to Ishara! You like her right? She is your friend.' He tried.
He had made Sam stay behind in case there was any news. Alec didn't see Sam this morning because he was busy.
Allison and Finn took an other car. Perhaps so that Alec wouldn't have to look at his face and get ever more pissed of.
'It... it just feels wrong.' Alec muttered.
Jacob grabbed his hand and gave an squeeze.
'I know.' He whispered.
He found Issy in the first class they had together.
Her smile fel the moment she laid eyes on him.

She had been more than happy to finally have someone to call a friend.
Alec and his brothers had been so nice to her. It was like she already knew them for years. They included her with everything they did.
She didn't know why Jacob seemed so set on dating Alec. Even though Alec really didn't seem that into it.
But she didn't want to pry to much, in fear that she would lose them again.

Her parents had encouraged her to invite him for diner. And it had been so much fun. She was so worried and scared that something would go wrong. Or that her parents would act like they always did and that he wouldn't want to be her friend after that... but he had smiled and laughed and said he had a great time! And she knew he didn't lie.

'Are you okay?' She asked when he came and sat next to her.
Alec sighed.
'I had a bad weekend... I'll be alright.' He sure hoped he would.
'Where are Kit and James?' She asked.
Alec froze for a second.
Right... how was he supposed to explain that one.

'Uhm...they're...'
'Who are you?' Alec looked up a little startled.
The teacher was standing next to them with a list in her hands while frowning at the boy. Her blond hair in a tight bun. Last week she had introduced herself and known his name...
Other students flowed inside while looking at him funny.

'Sorry...?'
'Yes wel... if you are not a student here, you can't be here. I will have to ask you to leave.' She crossed her arms and looked at him sternly.
Ishara frowned deeply.
'He is a student! She said.
The teacher asked his name and went to her list again shaking her head. Like she had forgotten he even...

Realization hit him hard.
The magic of Sil was falling apart.
Sil had used magic to get him into college.
The school had just believed he was an other student, a new one but non of the teachers would question it.
It was a simple spell that made humans not even think twice about it.
It was normally not that easy to just drop someone into school without proper paperworks in the middle of the year!
'I...I will go. Bye issy I'll see you later.' Alec grabbed his backpack and ran out of the class. His heart drilling thru his body.

If sill's spell was falling apart..
What else was!?
Alec went outside and found Jacobs car.
He had no way of getting in contact with him.
He had no phone and no clue what class he had right now.

Issy only recognized him because he had made a real bond with her. Maybe other people he had talked to would kinda remember him... but not that well. Like a weird distant memory or a feeling of deja vu.
Sadly the oath was a different kind of magic. Blood magic was old and simple. A magic that would only break once the deal was done. This made Alec even more anxious.
Things were not looking good.
What was happing with Sil?!

He had to wait for hours until Jacob finely found him. He was sitting with his back against the side of the car. His backpack in his lap and arms tightly gripped around it.
'Alec what is wrong?' He crouched down beside him and put his hand on his knee.
'They didn't know who I was.'
'What?'
'The school... the teacher ... the spell Sil used to get me into school for two weeks!' He tried to explain.
Slowly Jacob got on and his eyes widened.
'The spell is gone?'
'Yes... they send me out.'
Jacob pulled a hand thru his hair and got up.
'Ah... uh... let's go home first...'