33

'Alec!'

'Alec!'

'Alec are You okay?' Someone grabbed him and he woke back up. He was never asleep but I felt like being gone. It was like the world stopped turning. She was dead.

It would have been better if he had screamed. Had yelled maybe, even hit him...
But James was silent. Like the middle of a storm.
His nose touched her face and then he was gone.
Attacking wolfs and hunters and Jacob..
If he wasn't already dead.
He would be soon.

Alec knew nothing would get him back now.

'Fuck...' Sam had shifted and didn't seem care about being naked.
Looking at the still body of the girl he had sworn to protect. He had failed...
She didn't deserve to die. She deserved a second change. A change with someone she loved.

No one would ever know how she fell for James. Or how James fell for her.
Alec was afraid this might be the last time he ever saw his friend.
'There are hunters...' Sam whispered. Trying not to let the screams get to him.

It may have started out with an explosion but the place was crawling with them now.
The terrifying thing that killed Fraya's exmate... her killer.... he had somehow let him live. And Alec didn't know wether that was a good thing anymore.

That... whatever he was, looked like an older teen but his eyes. They were just... there was nothing human in those eyes. Alec was so sure he was about to die. And then he didn't...

'We need to leave... we can't stay... we.. fuck Alec. We need to get you and the others out of here!' Sam sounded like he was barely holding it together.
'We can't leave her.' He could hardly recognize his own voice.
Maybe he screamed.
Sam nodded. Alec wondered if he would laugh like he had a week ago, ever again.
He shifted back and lay beside her. Alec used whatever power he had left to put her on his back.

Brave, kind and fierce Fraya. She was so young. Only nineteen. Dark hair, pale skin and eyes like a puppy. She was so small and frail...

The kids who were being killed by hunters where even younger. No hunter seemed to care about that. Sam was right. They had to take anyone that survived and leave.
Because they would fix nothing by fighting back now. They couldn't win.

But... it felt like the hardest thing he ever did.

Kinda short I know but it's nearing the end and well it isn't over yet... It has only just begun.