two

1962

"Corinne, I want you to stay alert," Charles said as they walked inside this CIA building. Corinne stared at Raven, who wasn't blue anymore. She sighed as she stared at her unusual silver hair, and her eyes were rather odd it wasn't what she wanted but she supposed it was all she got, "Are you excited?" Corinne asked before looking at Raven. Raven smiled and patted Corinne's shoulder lightly, "Hell yeah," she said before following Charles. 

She followed them and Moira, who was a CIA agent, Corinne sighed and looked back at Erik who seemed to be staring at her curiously. Charles had found Erik the other day and ever since it's been weird. They followed the chief into this cool lab place, Corinne looked around in awe before staring at a young man who wore glasses. "Hank," the chief started, "These are the new recruits I was telling you about, this is Hank McCoy," Charles walked over and greeted Hank with a handshake. 

"How wonderful, another mutant already here, why didn't you say?" Charles asked before looking back at the chief who stared at him confused. "Say what?" the chief asked curiously. Charles then sighed and looked around apologetically, "Because you don't know," he paused before looking back at Hank, "I'm so so terribly sorry," he said quickly. The chief walked over towards Hank confused. 

"Hank?" he asked curiously, Corinne watched as Hank looked very nervous and embarrassed. What was his ability? Why should he be embarrassed? "You didn't ask, so I didn't tell," Hank muttered. Corinne then watched as Raven walked towards them, "So your mutation is what? You're super smart?" she asked curiously. Charles stared at Raven before answering, "Well, I'll say, he graduated Harvard at the age of 15," Charles muttered. Hank sighed, "I wish that's all it was," he replied. 

Charles nodded, "You're among friends now Hank," he paused, "You can show off," he said. Hank shrugged and quickly took off his shoes. He jumped up and Corinne watched as he hung off an airplane display with his feet. Raven gasped in awe, "You're amazing," she said gently. Corinne stared at him confused, and looked back at Erik who didn't seem to look that pleasant. She barely paid any attention to what they were talking about as she tried to read Erik. 

Corinne frowned and stared at him thoughtfully, what was he thinking about? He was so mysterious, it was a little- annoying. She then realized he was looking back at her, she blinked, "Oh," she whispered before looking away. "Sorry," she muttered in embarrassment, she felt her cheeks warm up and quickly slapped her face unknowingly. Erik grabbed onto her arm and stared at her oddly, "What are you doing?" he asked. 

Before she could answer she was interrupted by Charles, "Corinne! Why don't you show us what you can do?" he asked. Corinne blinked and looked at Erik who seemed excited, he gave her a certain look and she frowned. "Maybe not, I don't really- I don't really know how to use it properly," she muttered nervously. Raven and Charles obviously knew what she could do so why would they want her to show them? Erik then patted her shoulder lightly before nodding and looking at Charles, "Don't worry, she'll warm up, maybe?" he teased before walking away. 

Corinne stared at him angrily before quickly making a pen that Moira was holding hit his forehead, everyone laughed and Erik turned to look at her before smiling softly. "What else can you do dear?" he asked curiously. Corinne blinked and smiled before shaking her head, and looking at Raven who was laughing and Charles who nodded. "Oh, my talented Corinne," he muttered. "What would we do without your telekinetic abilities?"

She nodded, "I don't know Charles, I don't know," Corinne added before looking away. "It's nothing," she muttered as she looked at Hank who stared at her impressed. She turned around and looked at Erik who nodded and headed towards Charles. Raven looked at Corinne and smiled, "Awesome, that was amazing Cor," she said gently. Corinne smiled and nudged Raven playfully. "Shut up," she muttered. 

--

"What the hell does the government want with a guy like Alex Summers?" the man said as he led Corinne, Charles and Erik towards a room. Corinne blinked, "Hoping you're not planning on putting him with others, first guy I've ever met who actually prefers solitary confinement," the man continued. Corinne stared at the man curiously before he opened the door, she stood face to face with a young guy who had blonde hair and blue eyes. He was pretty good looking, she stared at him curiously before walking into the room. 

She turned back and realized Charles and Erik didn't follow her, she rolled her eyes. "Hey," she started, "Alex Summers?" she asked curiously. Corinne went to approach him but he shook his head, she frowned and nodded before looking around, there wasn't anything she could do to show him her abilities. "My name is Corinne Dane," she said softly, "Um, how old are you?" she whispered. 

"17," he answered, Corinne nodded and quickly sat down next to him. He stared at her curiously, Corinne blinked and looked at him with a small smile. "That's nice," she muttered, "I'm 18," she said before taking off her necklace. "And uh, I'm a mutant like you," she said, "I can't really control it either but I've learnt to do this!" she added excitedly before lifting the necklace in the air and making it float. 

Corinne stared at him and he stared back for awhile before blinking and looking away, "Oh," he muttered, "I don't uh- I don't wanna hurt you, you're too pretty for that," his eyes then widened, "I mean- I don't want to hurt you," Alex stammered quickly. Corinne laughed and leaned closer towards him, "You won't," she whispered. Alex gave her a certain look before rolling his eyes, "Come on Alex! Show me what you got!" she teased, "Unless, you don't have anything?" 

Alex stood up and told her to stay back, Corinne stayed seated as he quickly looked out through the door window before summoning these red energy rings, he shot them everywhere and Corinne felt something scratch her shoulder. She cried out in pain, Alex immediately turned around and stared at her worriedly. Corinne looked at her shoulder and quickly wiped the blood off, it was only a small scratch. "Don't worry, it'll heal Alex," she said reassuringly. 

"How about this? I have friends, who are just like me and you, would you maybe want to be part of our little team?" she asked softly. "I mean- if you want of course, I'm not going to force you but it'd be nice to have someone like you," she whispered, "Someone as great as you," she added quietly. Alex stared at her curiously and shook his head, "Oh, no, I'm not that great," he muttered. Corinne blinked and sighed before putting her necklace back on, "I think you can be greater than you think Alex," she whispered.