four

Charles had decided to train Corinne today and she couldn't help but feel excited to use her abilities. "Alright, this should be easy but try grabbing something from the ground, I put something there and I want you to detect where it is," Charles said. Corinne waited for him to continue but he didn't say anything. She frowned. "What did you put in the ground?" she asked confused. It was a cloudy day, wasn't really ideal for outdoor considering it looked like it was going to rain any second now.

"Just a metal box, why don't you try to find it?" Corinne nodded and noticed everyone else was watching her from the windows. She looked at Alex who smiled before giving her a thumbs up, Corinne laughed and quickly placed her hand on the ground before making the flowers on the ground shatter into little pieces. She frowned, "I- what did I-" she started, all of a sudden the ground started to break and the box flew out from the ground.

She picked it up and smiled before handing it to Charles who seemed impressed, "Awesome," suddenly she saw Moira who was walking over with a blindfold. "Now try hitting this arrow on that target," Charles pointed at a target and Corinne nodded. Corinne felt Moira cover her eyes with the blindfold and she tried to feel the area around her, "Hand me the arrow?" she asked Charles before opening her palm.

Charles handed her the arrow and she breathed in and out slowly before trying to picture the target in her mind. She lifted the arrow in the air and felt it floating above her hand, she closed her palm and opened before shooting it onto the target. Corinne opened the blindfold and smiled as she realized she hit bullseye, she then closed her palm again making the target explode. The arrow flew back into her hand. She heard Alex laughing and Raven whistling impressed, she turned around and bowed down before waving at them.

She then heard Charles clapping, "That was impressive," he said before patting her back lightly. Corinne smiled and quickly caught Erik's gaze, he also seemed impressed. She looked away and thanked Charles, "Thank you professor," she replied before looking at Moira before nodding. "Thank you," she said before making the arrow float again, she walked away and was greeted by Alex who grabbed onto her shoulder excitedly. "That was awesome!" he grinned.

Corinne smiled and nodded, "Yeah, I had no idea that would work!" she laughed before pushing her hair back. Alex stared at her for awhile before looking away. Corinne stared at him and felt her heart racing, he was actually kinda cute if she had to be honest. He had really nice hair and his eyes were blue and he looked, he looked like any other normal looking guy. But better. Because he was a mutant? Maybe. "Did you- did you want something?" Alex asked interrupting her thoughts.

She immediately looked away, she felt her cheeks redden and she quickly looked at the ground. Why did she feel this way? "If there's anything I could do-" he started. Corinne then dropped the arrow on the ground, she blinked in shock and Alex went to pick it up. "Oh, sorry, did I make you drop that?" he asked before scratching the back of his head. Corinne shook her head and tried to avoid his gaze, "No, uh, it's alright, I just lost focus," she muttered, "It's fi-"

"No, no, it's my fault," Alex said, "Here," he handed her the arrow and Corinne smiled before taking it from him. She nodded, "Thank you," she whispered before staring into his eyes, they gleamed with laughter, and worry at the same time. Corinne then leaned closer, "Don't worry about anything," she whispered quietly, "You're amazing Alex," she smiled and stepped back before he grinned. "You too Rinne," he whispered.

"Are you lovebirds finished?" Raven teased, Corinne blinked and looked to her side to see everyone watching them. She looked at Alex who looked away and she felt her cheeks redden in embarrassment. "Sorry," she muttered before walking towards Raven and the others, she caught Erik's gaze once more. What did Erik want to do with her? "What's up? What are we doing?" she asked before looking at Charles.

He sighed, "Well, we're going to go back inside but if you'd like to stay out here in-" Charles looked up at the sky and Corinne realized it was raining. How could she not realize this earlier? She nodded and quickly looked at the ground before following everyone inside, she felt someone pat her back and she turned to see Raven who was grinning. "Corinne, what was that?" she teased gently, "What's up with you two?" she asked.

Corinne blinked and rolled her eyes, "Nothing, we're just really close," she muttered, "I mean- not like that but we've gotten pretty close- recently." Corinne said looking at the arrow she was holding. "He's really nice," she looked at Alex who was talking to Sean. Raven nodded and went to talk to Charles. "Impressive, what you did back there," she heard Erik say from behind her. She turned around and laughed as they walked into the house, "Not really," she muttered, "I already showed you what I could do,"

"Not like that," Erik said, "What you did back there was incredible, with your eyes closed, imagine what you could do with your eyes opened," he muttered. Corinne stared at Erik confused and shook her head before sighing, "Erik, I'm not planning on learning how I could improve my abilities, I want to know how to control them," she said. Erik sighed and she gave him a curious look, "You would be extremely powerful if you learnt how to improve them though," he said.

"I don't want to be extremely powerful, I want to live in peace, I want to be a normal person," Corinne said, Erik frowned and quickly looked away for awhile before finally saying something again. "If you want to live in peace, that is the only way. To rise above others because we- we are the future Corinne," Erik muttered. Corinne stopped walking and watched as he followed everyone else, was Erik right?