twenty

"Scott turns 13 today," Corinne muttered as she marked the calendar, "Should we visit him?" she asked curiously. Alex looked at her and shrugged, "If you want," he said quickly, "I was going to have dinner with him but if you want to go earlier we can," Corinne nodded and quickly grabbed a bag before filling it with money, makeup and some snacks. She then sighed, "I was thinking of also visiting Charles and the school," she said quickly, "If that's okay with you?" she asked curiously. 

Alex didn't answer for awhile, "Fine by me," he muttered, his voice hinting with annoyance. Corinne frowned, "Do you not like it there or something?" she asked curiously. She looked at Alex who shrugged and put on a jacket, "No, I don't mind it, it's just I prefer to hang out with you alone," he said nonchalantly, "If you want to go though, it's no proble-" Corinne gave him a certain look and rolled her eyes. "Alone?" she asked before walking towards him, he stared at him gently before touching the collar of his shirt. 

"To do what?" she asked before pushing him onto the wall lightly, her eyes gleamed with humor. Alex stared at her surprised and grinned, "I mean if you want-" he started, Corinne stared at him in disbelief and rolled her eyes, "Alex!" she scoffed before pulling away. Alex gave her a certain look and looked away before looking back at Corinne. "You know you want to," he muttered. Corinne eyes widened in shock before he smiled, he grabbed the sides of her face and kissed her passionately for awhile. Corinne closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around him as she kissed back. 

She pulled away and sighed, "How about tonight?" she asked softly, "I'll be all yours," she teased. Alex stared at her and nodded quickly, Corinne rolled her eyes and grabbed the bag before heading to the front door, "Come on then," she said as she looked back at Alex who seemed distracted. He looked up and nodded before following her out of the room, Alex then grabbed onto Corinne's hand. "Yay," he whispered, Corinne turned to look at him and laughed lightly. 

As they walked out of the building, Corinne sighed and quickly smiled at one of the reception people who were out front. "Good afternoon Corinne," the man said before winking, "How are you today?" he grinned, Corinne smiled back and nodded. Alex tried to grab onto her hand but she pulled away and continued, "I'm great James, how are you?" she asked. James laughed and shrugged before smiling, "Did you try that new place down the road? It has amazing shakes, we should go sometime," he said. 

"She doesn't want to go with you," Alex muttered annoyed before pulling Corinne roughly away. They reached their car and Corinne frowned before staring at him as his grip hardened, "Stop!" she cried before he immediately let go. "What's wrong with you? I was talking to someone," she said quickly. Corinne then realized the look on his face, he looked upset and frustrated and his gaze hinted with jealousy. Alex then looked away, "I don't care, I didn't like the way he was looking at you," he muttered. 

Corinne blinked and frowned, he didn't like the way James was looking at her? She smiled lightly, "Is somebody jealous?" she teased gently. Alex looked back at her and Corinne immediately looked away, "Sorry," she whispered, "Are you mad?" she asked. Alex didn't answer and opened the car door before sitting down. Corinne sat in the passenger's seat and sighed before looking outside the window, "You have every right to be upset, I'm sorry," she muttered. 

For some reason, things didn't feel right anymore, Corinne was always apologizing for the smallest things ever, she didn't like it. He didn't start the car yet, Corinne sighed and quickly grabbed the car door handle, "You know what? I don't feel like going anymore," she said suddenly. She opened the door and got out of the car, Corinne didn't look back and felt tears in her eyes. Why did she always cry? "Corinne," Alex called from behind, "Don't do this," he said. She turned around and stared at him in disbelief, she scoffed and rolled her eyes. 

"Can you just stop blaming me for every single thing that happens?" she shouted, "I hate when you do that, and it makes me feel so fucking useless." Corinne cried, "Just talk to me if you're upset Alex, don't just ignore me like I'm no one, I love you!" she felt tears streaming down her face. "It makes me so mad and upset when you just ignore me, it's like you don't trust me or something, I wish I had someone else but unfortunately I'm stuck with some guy who says he loves me but-" she paused and breathed slowly. "He doesn't," Corinne finished. 

She then turned back and headed back to the apartment, Alex grabbed onto her arm and held her back. "How could you say that Corinne?" Alex started, "How could you say I don't love you?" he muttered angrily. Corinne looked back and realized he was really upset, but she was upset too! "I didn't mean it of course but I feel like you don't!" Corinne shouted, she suddenly felt the ground shaking and Alex gave her a certain look. 

He walked towards her and sighed before Corinne calmed down, "Corinne, when I left to fight in the war, I couldn't stop thinking about you," he started, "I wanted to write to you, I wanted to maybe go back and see you because I didn't know- if I would make it," Alex said suddenly, "When I came back for the first time to see you, you were unconscious but I stayed with you for the whole night," he had tears in his eyes. "Don't say that, don't assume I don't care about you Rinne," his voice broke. 

Corinne held her breath and felt tears fall down her face, she tried to wipe them off but they kept on falling down. "I-I hate myself," she whispered before sobbing, "I hate myself," she cried softly before kneeling onto the ground, she could tell she scrapped her knees from the impact but she didn't care. "Corinne," Alex started before crouching down and grabbing the side of her face. Corinne shook her head quickly and wiped the tears off her face, for the first time in years she let everything out. 

She lowered her head and Alex wrapped his arms around her, he pulled her close and sighed before patting her head lightly. "Come on," he muttered quickly before lifting her up, Corinne stood in front of him and looked away. Alex sighed and grabbed onto her hand, she intertwined her fingers with his and she heard him hum softly. "I'm sorry," he said, "For making you feel that way," he muttered softly, "And I'm sorry, for not telling you about things, it's hard for me to-"

Corinne pulled him close and leaned the top of her head on his chest, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said those things," she whispered before wiping the tears off her face. "This is so embarrassing," she muttered. She looked up and Alex pouted before grabbing the side of her face, "I don't care, I'm with you," he muttered softly before placing his forehead on hers. "And I love you so much Corinne," he whispered, "I forever you," Corinne stared at him curiously, "I'll always love you," he closed his eyes before leaning his head on hers.