twenty-eight

Corinne stared at Raven who stared at her in disbelief, "Corinne?" she whispered confused, "Corinne, what are you-" Corinne caught Alex's gaze and he looked away immediately, Corinne scoffed and quickly looked at Erik before nodding. Kill them, kill them. Erik raised his arm and pulled Charles towards them, "Charles!" Raven shouted, "Corinne stop him!" she cried, "He's going to-" Corinne shook her head and quickly looked at En Sabah Nur before nodding, "Let me handle them, I'll meet you there," she whispered. 

She grinned and let the others teleport away, "Corinne, what is wrong with you?" Raven shouted in disbelief, Corinne blinked and showed no emotion. Corinne, what is wrong with you? Her voice repeated in Corinne's mind, Corinne walked towards Hank and the others before sighing, "Such a shame, you're still following Charles after everything that's happened," she said with a scoff. "Losers," she muttered, "Weak," she continued, "Useless," Corinne watched as they stared at her in disbelief, she recognized Moira and rolled her eyes, "Depending on humans, thinking they have the answer," she said. 

"Corinne," she heard Alex say, she raised her arm and shook her head. He stared at her confused, "I'm not done talking," she muttered, "Don't interrupt me," Corinne shouted, she then stared at her hands. Corinne grinned and laughed softly, "You're wrong," Moira said, "We want to help you," she added. Corinne then stared at Moira in disbelief before shaking her head, she opened her palm and quickly Moira fell onto the ground. 'We want to help you.' What a sick joke, she doesn't want to help you, they killed your daughter. "By killing my daughter?" Corinne asked angrily. "Help us? You're so fucking annoying!" she shouted. 

She then watched as Alex walked towards her, "Hey! Stop!" he said quickly, "What's wrong with you Corinne?" he asked before grabbing onto her arm. 'What's wrong with you Corinne?'  See, even Alex thinks you're a creep. Corinne flinched and her eyes widened before she slapped his face, "Don't touch me! There's nothing wrong with me!" she shouted, "Dont-" she then took a step back as she heard a gunshot. Corinne watched as the bullet hit her forcefield and fall to the ground, she shook her head in disbelief, "You're trying to fucking kill me aren't you?" she asked. "Well you can kiss Charles goodbye because he's going to be dead!" 

Corinne turned around and headed towards the other room, "I don't know why you're associating yourself with the enemy," she scoffed, "You fucking idiots, they'll turn on you one day and you'll live to regret it," Corinne stopped as she heard Alex call her name, what did he want? "Corinne, I don't know what happened but I want to help you," he said as he followed her, "I love you," he whispered. Corinne turned to face him and frowned before rolling her eyes, he didn't love her, no one did. "Shut up!" she shouted, "I fucking hate you Alex!" she felt tears in her eyes, "Just go away, don't ruin this," she added. 

"Corinne, I'm not leaving you, I'm your-" he started, he then shook his head. Corinne stared at him and felt anger boil in her chest, why was she so mad? "You mean nothing to me Alex," she whispered as tears fell down her face. Alex shook his head, "Corinne, I love you," he whispered.  He was lying, he was lying, everything was just a lie. 'Corinne, I love you.' Lies. No one loves you, no one cares. You're a monster remember? Why was everyone faking it? He didn't love her, she was a monster, she was always going to be a monster. "Goodbye," she closed her eyes and sighed "Don't try and stop me," she muttered. "If you do, I'll kill you," she threatened before phasing out of the mansion. 

--

"Do they know you're here?" Psylocke asked as Corinne stared at the unconscious Charles, soon enough he'll be awake and soon enough he'll be mad at her. "I don't think so, I don't think anyone knows we're here," she muttered before staring at Psylocke, "Don't worry," she smiled. Psylocke nodded and quickly walked towards Storm, Corinne then caught Erik's gaze, "It seems we have similar motives this time," he said, "No Alex to stop you?" he asked curiously. 

Corinne rolled her eyes, "No one can stop me Erik," she smiled, "Don't worry," she said before patting his shoulder lightly. Erik nodded and sighed, "What about Charles?" he asked suddenly, "The one who brought you up? You're just going to betray him like that?" Corinne suddenly frowned and stared at Erik who gave her a curious look, Corinne looked at Charles before looking away from everyone else. The one who brought you up? You're just going to betray him like that? Seems pretty legit to me. Corinne quickly shook her head, "I'm not- I'm not betraying anyone!" she snapped angrily. 

"Okay, okay, calm down, you seem a little tense, did something happen?" Erik asked concerned, Corinne felt her head spinning and she shook her head. "Nothing happened, I don't know- there's nothing wrong!" she shouted. She breathed in and out slowly before feeling a sudden siren-like noise in her head, Corinne do you hear me? Corinne I need you to concentrate, concentrate on my voice, Corinne. It's Charles. I want to help you, I just need you to- Corinne blinked confused as Charles was cut off, who did that? Don't you dare listen to him, you're a goddess remember? You don't need him, you don't need a family, soon everyone will listen to you. Corinne frowned, who was this new voice? Why were they bothering her? 

Oh my, I'm not bothering you. I'm teaching you Corinne, I'm showing you your true potential. You don't need anyone but yourself in this, overthrow Apocalypse. Live for yourself. You are a goddess Corinne, don't forget that. Corinne shook her head and groaned, "Get out of my head!" she shouted, "I don't need you!" she snapped angrily. Why won't they go away? Corinne then caught Charles' gaze, she walked towards him and shook her head. "You need to focus Corinne," Charles muttered, "Please focus, don't let it get to you Corinne," 

Corinne faced him and scoffed before looking away, "There's nothing wrong Charles," she gave him a certain look before walking away. She caught Erik's gaze and he followed her into the air, "We must prepare for the transfer," she muttered, Erik sighed and nodded before looking away. "You know once it's finished, he'd be able to control your mind too, do you want that?" he asked slowly. Corinne blinked and frowned, "I don't know," she whispered. Yes you do. Kill everyone, rule above them all my goddess.