c41.

"This is the competition between the three great institutions of East Base City! How could there possibly be any form of manipulation behind the scenes regarding the selection of the open spots for White Cloud Intermediate Cultivation Academy?!"

The announcer said in response to the audience's speculations.

"Impossible! We don't believe it! If there wasn't some sort of exploitation, how could everyone have admitted defeat to a single person!"

The audience shouted and demanded for the "truth."

This...

How could this announcer know why they would admit defeat? But generally speaking, there was only one reason why the students would even admit defeat before the match began.

It could only be that Ye chen was very powerful. Extremely powerful!

"Their reason for them admitting defeat…" The announcer looked at the audience and muttered. "It should be that Ye Chen's strength is far beyond that of theirs."

However, these spectators naturally did not buy it. After all, there simply was not enough evidence to prove that possibility. Thus, the announcer could simply be making something up.

Ultimately, the announcer could have told them the truth or may have simply made something up. In the end, the spectators, lacking any sort of information, could only doubt his words.

"Let's just continue with the matches then," Liu Xinghe said to the announcer. "Nothing will be solved if the competition is stopped here and now."

When the announcer heard this, he nodded and continued the matches.

"Next up, we have the battle between Gale Academy's Jin Cheng and Anyue Academy's Ye Chen!"

Jin Cheng had been waiting for this moment for a long time.

He jumped up the Fighting Platform and stared intimidatingly at Ye Chen.

The audience and the judges held their breaths again, hoping to not hear those three words yet again.

However, to their surprise, they did not hear those words. This made them heave a sigh of relief.

"Hehe, I, Jin Yuan's son, naturally will not admit defeat!"

In the judging area, Jin Yuan started to feel pleased with himself and proud of his son.

Liu Xinghe, however, knew that Jin Cheng would lose miserably, for he already heard the news that Ye Chen killed two Stage One Vicious Beasts with a single punch each.

"Ye Chen, you certainly didn't think that..." Jin Cheng spoke and looked arrogantly at Ye Chen. "I, Jin Cheng, could break through the realm of a True Reserve Martial Cultivator, did you?!"

Recalling the time Ye Chen beat him into a pulp in the Crystal Palace, he had been holding onto that grudge ever since. Now that he had become even stronger, he promised himself that he would repay his deeds a hundred folds.

"Cut the nonsense and just come at me," Ye Chen said calmly.

Seeing the indifference and arrogance on Ye Chen's face, Jin Cheng couldn't help but become even more infuriated.

The thousands of spectators around, hearing their exchange of words, finally thought that they could witness an actual battle. Thus, they widened their eyes and prepared for the upcoming fight.

"Good!" Jin Cheng sneered. "Ye Chen, take this!"

With that, Jin Cheng rushed towards Ye Chen.

Ye Chen, on the other hand, looked unfazed at Jin Cheng who was shouting while rushing towards him. Although he and Jin Cheng were both of the same cultivation levels, the difference in their strength was like that of heaven and earth.

Just from Ye Chen's Medium Strength Talent itself, there was already an insurmountable gap between the two's strength. If we further considered his other talents and skills... this battle would be comparable to that of a massacre.

The instant before Jin Cheng's fist was about to hit Ye Chen, Ye Chen casually threw out a seemingly light jab towards the side of Jin Cheng's fists.

This punch, seemingly unimpressive, clashed heavily and unexpectedly against Jin Cheng's fist, causing an insurmountable amount of force surging past Jin Cheng.

From the spectating point of view, Ye Chen simply countered Jin Cheng's attack lightly before sending him flying several meters away from him. Compared to his attack, Jin Cheng looked as if he was about to deliver a life-threatening blow onto Ye Chen.

The next moment, Ye Chen's counter sent Jin Cheng flying into the ground, leaving a trail of shattered earth on the fighting platform, before eventually stopping from the friction of the ground. At that point, Jin Cheng saw the vision of the bright blue sky going dark before his eyes.

What?

In the judging sector, Jin Yuan was stunned. He had not expected his son to be sent flying with a measly, seemingly-weak punch.

The other martial cultivators around him were also dumbfounded. As Ye Chen and Jin Cheng were supposedly of the same cultivation level, how Ye Chen's attack destroy Jin Cheng in such a dominating fashion?

The thousands of spectators in the stands now began to understand why the other students chose to admit defeat, for this scene was certainly too terrifying.

The students who were familiar with Ye Chen's ability all shook their heads secretly. If Jin Cheng wanted to offend someone, why purposefully offend someone of the heavens instead of someone his own size?

Perhaps this was a sign from heaven punishing Jin Cheng for his past sins, ones so heavy that he had to be destroyed in such a horrifying fashion.

Jin Cheng, lying flat on the shattered ground, only managed to regain his senses and get up after a long while. Then, he felt that his face had become extremely cold.