C43 1-star Fighter

Just as Jin Yuan shot a condensed Qi blast towards Ye Chen, Liu Xinghe appeared in front of Ye Chen to protect him.

Liu Xinghe, however, managed to block the incoming Qi blast just in the nick of time.

Everyone within the Battle Stadium was dumbstruck. Who would have thought that such a scene would occur?

"He hurt my son so badly!" Jin Yuan stared at Liu Xinghe and shouted furiously. "Are you really going stand there and protect him?!"

"Jin Yuan, your son cheated by using a Strength Boosting Pill."

Liu Xinghe sneered, "Therefore, I'm going to disqualify your son from the Trinity Compeitition."

What... did... you... say...?

When Jin Yuan heard Liu Xinghe's declaration, he fumed with anger within.

"Furthermore, this is an official duel. Isn't it normal for the losing end in such a duel to receive injuries?" Liu Xinghe said, looking back at Jin Yuan in the eyes.

Jin Yuan stared at Liu Xinghe menacingly, but there was nothing he could do.

Ye Chen paid close attention to the conversation between Liu Xinghe and Jin Yuan. He recalled Qianqian saying how Liu Xinghe was on good terms with Jiu Yuan. This, however, does not seem to be the case at this moment.

"Alright!"

Jin Yuan said coldly, and immediately ordered the medics to support Jin Cheng and move him to the nearest hospital.

Everyone already knew who was going to place first in the competition, but the second and third place had yet to be decided.

Thus, the competition continued.

After a few more battles, the top contestants were chosen.

In first place: Ye Chen. Second: Mu Hai. Third: Liu Qianqian.

Third-place received Body Tempering Pills while second-place received the King Kong Fist Technique, suitable for the Reserve Martial Cultivator. Finally, the first-place would receive the Reserve Martial Cultivator Ascension Potion.

With that, the rewards were presented to Ye Chen, Mu Hai, and Liu Qianqian respectively.

Afterwards, the students of the three academies were led by their respective teachers back to their academies.

"..."

After returning to the Anyue Academy, Ye Chen went to the Cultivation Chamber and drank the Reserve Martial Cultivator Ascension Potion.

The Reserve Martial Cultivator Ascension Potion could increase the Reserve Martial Cultivator's cultivation by a small realm without any consequences whatsoever.

As soon as he gulped it down, Ye Chen felt a surge of energy rushing through his internal organs. Consequently, he sat on the ground, cross-legged, and began cultivating the potion in his body.

As the Qi throughout his body began to condense, it slowly formed the outer body of his Sea of Qi Essence.

When Ye Chen opened his eyes, he could not help but smile and be proud of his achievements.

"I'm finally a One-star Martial Cultivator..."

As long as one became a One-star Martial Cultivator, his body would produce a Sea of Qi Essence, a place in one's body that contained highly-condensed Qi.

Although a True Reserve Martial Cultivator and a One-star Martial Cultivator were only separated by a small realm, the difference in their overall strength and Qi was tremendous.

After all, one could only use their Qi to its full potential upon reaching the realm of a One-star Martial Cultivator.

Ding!

"The Host has reached the realm of a One-star Martial Cultivator. Congratulations for receiving a treasure chest as a reward!"

The System's voice suddenly sounded in his mind.

Ye Chen's face lit up brightly, not expecting to receive yet another treasure chest from the System.

"Open!"

"Congratulations to the Host for obtaining the Spiritual Tyrant Spell."

Ye Chen froze for a second. The Spiritual Tyrant Spell?

Immediately, he began analyzing the effects of the Spiritual Tyrant Spell.

Spiritual Tyrant Spell: After successfully cultivating the spell, you will be able to have two times the number of Sea of Qi Essence. Upon breaking to the next realm, the amount of Qi in your Sea of Qi Essence will double from its original.

Ye Chen was surprised. So that means as long as he cultivates this Spiritual Tyrant Spell, the Sea of Qi Essence in his body will double? Furthermore, it will keep doubling after every single breakthrough of a small realm?

"Does the Host want to cultivate the Spiritual Tyrant Spell?"

"Cultivate."

"10%... 30%... 60%... 100%."

"Spiritual Tyrant Spell cultivation successful."

As the system's notification sound faded, the number of Sea of Qi Essence in Ye Chen's body doubled. In an instant, Ye Chen felt as if he had risen into the next realm.

One has to understand that the addition of another Sea of Vital Energy will not only increase one's Qi, but also increase the cultivator's strength several folds.

Even though Ye Chen was only a One-star Martial Cultivator, he now acquired a Sea of Qi Essence equivalent to that of a Two-star Martial Cultivator. In addition to his two Sea of Qi Essence, the other attribute talents and skills he possessed as of now should assist him in defeating a Two-star Martial Cultivator without much trouble.