III.𝑓𝑙𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑜𝑙𝑜

✨flying solo✨————————

✨flying solo✨
————————

Annie and Julie continued to stand there awkwardly as the crowd stared at them dead silent. Annie didn't know what to do or say, because she's even unsure of what just happened. She just played with a ghost band with one of her best friends and now they're gone. She was so confused about the situation and had no idea what to say.

"Hey," Julie and Annie turned to see a male student had approached them. "Where did the rest of the band go?"

"Wait, were those holograms?" Kayla, a member of Dirty Candy, asked and Annie beamed, pointing to her.

"Yes! Yes!" Annie nodded and Julie agreed with a nod. "They were holograms!"

"We plugged it into the ceiling projector before the show," Julie explained to the crowd and Annie nodded, going along with it. "We'd explain it but it involves algorithms and science stuff."

"More like sci-fi and the paranormal," Annie whispered and Julie whacked her back. "Ow...."

The students began to cheer for the two girls, who just stood there. To the side of them, Luke, Reggie, and Alex were there.

"That's wild," Luke said. "They could see us when we were playing, but not when the music ended."

"We should double-check!" Reggie suggested, before hopping into the stage and shaking his butt at the audience, who couldn't see him. "Yeah, I don't..." Reggie stopped and ran off the stage. "I don't think they can see us."

"I wish I couldn't see you..." Alex mumbled and Reggie gave him a hurtful look.

"Okay, people!" Principal Lessa announced. "Show's over! Let's get back to class please!"

The crowd dispersed from the gymnasium and Annie turned to Julie.

"That was pretty cool, ya know," Annie told her and Julie shrugged with a smile.

"Yeah, it was, but it doesn't make sense," Julie remarked.

Ms. Harrison approached Annie and Julie at the stage and the two girls sat down to confront her.

"Ms. Harrison, we are so sorry for not asking for permission!" Annie quickly apologized to her.

"We just wanted to show you we belong here," Julie finished, taking Annie's hand.

"As amazing as that was, your spot's already been filled by another student, Julie," Ms. Harrison informed the girls. "Annie, I can't kick out a student so you can have your spot back."