VI.𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑓𝑟𝑒𝑒

✨finally free✨————————"Annie!"

finally free
————————
"Annie!"

Annie groaned from underneath her pillows when she heard her mom's voice.

"Annie! You have come out of there at some point! You've missed the first three periods!"

Annie didn't care. She was mentally and physically destroyed and didn't want to do anything. Nothing even matters to her anymore.

Annie didn't stay over at Flynn's, she went home last night after her mom called her to babysit her sister.

Annie's mom got impatient and unlocked her daughters' door with her key. She walked in and saw Annie underneath her pillows.

"Annabelle," Ginger groaned and sat down on the edge of the bed. "I know this isn't easy and what happened was horrible, but laying here isn't gonna solve anything."

"I don't care," Annie muttered against her pillow.

"You need to go to go school," Ginger told her daughter. "It will help you."

"No!"! Annie whined as her mother removed the quilt off Annie, who desperately tried to keep it on her. "Going to school means humiliation and I don't want that. So, it won't help me."

"Your education is at risk," Ginger reasoned.

"Homeschool me!" Annie suggested and Ginger sighed with a chuckle, "you love teaching!"

"Don't try to get out of this," Ginger smiled. "I understand why you don't wanna go, but you can't stay like this forever. You were happy and cheerful. You were yourself and now you're collecting tissues."

"Well, good things never last," Annie remarked. "The holograms let me down, dad let us down, Ricky let me down. I'm tired of being let down and having broken promises. I'm sick of it."

"Well, the guys had a good reason, right?" Ginger said and Annie laughed lightly.

"Sure sure," she shook her head. "They had more important business to attend to."

"Wi-fi is stupid sometimes sweetie," Ginger told her. "They apologized right? They feel really bad about what happened. Your band-"

"Ex-band," Annie interrupted and Ginger sighed, looking at the floor. "Honestly, I'm over it. I'm not even upset about them, just humiliated and don't want to show my face at the school. I can't."

That was mostly a lie. Annie was very upset with them and had no plans on forgiving them, but she isn't going to school because of the humiliation.