Chapter 37: Oh Boy!

Maira's POV:

2 more days and then I will no longer be a Kapoor.

Today is the Sangeet day (all family members and friends dance for the couple on modern day songs as well as traditional folk songs) along with Mudda-Milni (gifts, clothes, and jewellery are exchanged between the families).

In the morning, there aren't any functions in the morning, allowing me to relax a bit. I look down at my henna clad hands and ponder over Rishi's question that night. In that moment all I knew was that I cannot run away. Jai always has been nice to me and I cannot hurt him, no matter how confused or nervous I am. I need to do it not only for my family but for Jai. I know I cannot do that to Jai, he doesn't deserve that. He has always tried to look after me and tried understanding me in ways no one has ever tried.

It's past afternoon now, I look around to see various ladies barging into my room and the once silent room, now has sounds of laughter and shrieks. The group includes my mother, aunts, sisters, and few of my cousins and cousin bhabhis (sisters in law).

"Oho, look at the color of her henna, how dark it is. So, now officially we know our dulhe raja (groom) is officially whipped and gone." This is my sister who comments while other add their opinions and I keep mum not really wanting to talk.

I have my phone in my hand and I look down to see I have an unread message. I open it to see the message and a smirk makes it way to my face.

I don't have to wait long for the results as I get a much awaited call.

Mr. Prince calling...

Moving away from the crowded place, I went towards a secluded corner and calming my laughing self, I picked up the call.

"Hello?"

"You took it too far Ms. Kapoor." He says, a bit frustrated.

"What happened Jai? What's wrong? Is everything alright?" I feigned innocence in front of him.

"You just know exactly what happened."

"No, I don't. Please enlighten me."

"I was gonna forgive you but you took it to next level."

"If I remember correctly, it was you who declared the prank wars, right? I Just accepted the challenge." I say.

"Maira, do you really want me to come red faced to the functions?" He almost seemed upset.

"Don't be grumpy now, use a bit of oil and water, along with the remover that is kept in the drawer of the bedside and you'll be good to go."

"How did you even do all this by yourself?" He asks, a bit, a lot amazed.

"Ahhh, you've got yourself an intelligent fiancee Mr. Prince."

"Ohh, have I, Ms. Sarcastic?"

"Yesss."

"I gotta go now Jai. Bye." I continue.

"I'll take my revenge."

"Yeah, yeah, just like you did yesterday. Oops, you didn't do anything. My bad!" I cut the call laughing.

He doesn't know who he is messing with.

Well, to tell you all, I had red colour put in Jai's showerhead, so currently he is covered in blood red colour and looking at his picture that was sent to me, made me almost burst out laughing. He face scrunched and shocked and entire body and towel turned red and red water dripped around him as if he bathed in blood. It's hilarious, believe me.