Chapter 8: She swagged off

Jai's POV:
There's something about Maira that's different from other girls I have met. For starters she seems to be absolutely immune to my charms which I know I have. I always tend to become a creep whenever I see her. I love how she doesn't give a damn and can be sarcastic. It's like instead of blood, sarcasm flows through her veins. I like that she doesn't think before talking back to me or being sarcastic. She is herself and I admire people when they do not put up a fake show for world.

When I saw her in the balcony she looked so different than her normal professional and tidy look but none the less a beauty. Her shawl covering her tracks and oversized t-shirt, the messy bun with strands of hair out making me want to put them behind her ear, and the serene atmosphere, just thinking about all this is enough to calm me. When she caught my hand I felt a weird sensation which went missing as soon as she left my hand and I want to feel it again.

Shut up creep!! Just be normal in front of her instead of trying to impress her.

No, I am not trying to impress her. I took her to the room despite so many servants because she is my lawyer and because she was feeling awkward and because I had to tell her about the ointment at the bedside not because I wanted to spend some time with her and I sat in the balcony because the scenery was beautiful.

I know by scenery you mean her but okay let's assume we're talking about the garden. Stop it now!!!

Talking to her and observing her I know she is a no nonsense person and she knows how to show someone their place. I got so excited to give her a tour of the palace that the same night instead of sleeping I planned it all out.

I even texted Vijay uncle saying we'll discuss business post lunch giving some lame excuse. I slept late with a broad smile on my face after texting Maira about our plan.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Next day morning I woke up quite early with a soft knock on my door. Rubbing my eyes I went to open the door to reveal my parents on the other side.

"Mom, dad what are you doing here this early? Anything important? Come on in."

"Well Jai, you know you have to get married in next few weeks and you have already seen two girls and you wanted to take this week off from any bride hunting but......" My mom trails off looking at dad as of expecting him to complete.

"But?" I prompted.

"But we have arranged for a girl to meet you today on breakfast at 9 and we think she might be the one for you so....."

"Wait!! you cannot do this to me. You cannot arrange for me to meet someone without even discussing it with me. That's not right."

"Jai I don't wanna hear anything you have to meet her, I really like her and think she'll be good for you. Just get ready." Well my mother using her stern voice means no getting out. So, I better suck it up and be done with it. Maybe she's the one. Maybe.

Angry at my parents to set the meeting without consulting me, I left the house without informing anyone.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I reached the hotel in my usual three piece black suit. I was told that someone was waiting for me in the lounge area. I proceeded there all the while trying to clam myself. I was looking around for someone who seemed to be looking for a prospective groom. Not knowing the name or face of the person you're meeting who can also be your future wife isn't really a great idea.

"Hey!! You are Prince Jai Singh Rathore, right? I am Naina Singhania." After a small smile and a quick handshake we both sat at the table she was previously occupying.