Chapter 10: Forgive Me

Maira's POV:
The balcony was beautifully decorated with fairy lights and candles that too lavender scented. Yummm...I know weird word to describe the smell but that's me.

I know that this is done by him because there's only one other entrance to this balcony and that's his room. Not wanting to intrude his time with his lady I decide to come back inside.

But as I was about to enter I noticed a big "FORGIVE ME" written on the door leading to his bedroom.

Seems like you are not the only one upset with him. Good Lord, how come he managed to make two girls angry on the same day. Why should I care?

"Ooh Maira you here. I didn't know you were up." I then around to look at him in his night clothes. "Well it's difficult to sleep when people are going around making noises." accompanying this with my famous broad fake smile I step inside my room.

"Well is it these noises or the starving stomach that is the reason for this..." He trailed of with a smirk. Blophead!!

"I think I should let you get back to your peace-offering-session or whatever it is you are trying to do...I just hope the person you are doing it for is here." I said the latter part looking around but couldn't see anyone.

No matter how upset I am I would not want him to get stood up. Well I don't think I would mind it. He should have a taste of his own medicine afterall.

"Well she is already here..." I am brought out of my thoughts and just as I am about to go inside with my parting words of "Then I shall leave you with it. Goodnight Prince Jai." I hear something that I honestly don't know how to feel about.

"Make sure to close the door behind you." This shouldn't have made me infuriated but for some reason it did.

Giving a fakest smile of all times I replied "Well wouldn't wanna hear your cuchicoo stuff, so worry not." This made him laugh uncontrollably making me uncontrollably furious and I was about to enter my room when he started saying something again.

Just don't make me angry and you'll survive to say sorry to whoever you've set this up for.

"Maira, are you this angry that you are not going to give me some company after all the hard work I did to set this all up..." I turn around to say something but am cut-off. " Just hear me out alteast. Look I did not intend to stand you up. It's just I had a fight with mom and dad this morning and I left in anger and then this whole prospective bride thing, the tour just slipped my mind. I am so sorry."

"Good thing you accepted that the tour was so important that you let it slip from your mind. I already told you, you don't owe me an explanation or an apology. You need not have done all this. I think I will go..." I was still dumbstruck that this is all for me but I am not getting my expectations high again and so is better to leave.

"Atleast have something, I know you did not have your dinner and you must be hungry...please."

"I am not hungry thank you." Guess what!? At this exact moment my stomach decided to betray me. It growled...loudly.

"Well so nice of everyone betraying me today." Saying this to myself I was about to step into my room when I felt a strong tug on my arm.

The force had me bumping into his strong chest. I move a bit away and raise a my eyes in a questioning manner.

"Don't take out your anger on food. It's not good."

"OMG!!! What are you, my mom?...Don't take out anger on food it's not good." I tried mimicking him and I did not need to hear his laughs to know how badly I mimicked him.

I was hungry and so I decided to take him on his offer and sat in the same chair with the wrapped around blanket as I did before and saw Maggi...well something is better than nothing.

What were you expecting him to cook? A three course meal. Silly!!

After calming down from his hysterics, Jay came and sat next to me.
We were both eating in silence which I don't mind because it is very soothing and makes me wonder if I should forgive him for taking so much pain. The hot Maggie in cool breeze was just yummm along with the fragrance going around and the atmosphere.

"Prince Jai, I forgive you for standing me up." Saying this sassily I decide it's time to get back into my comfortable bed and stand up.

"Maira, I thought we were on the first name basis."

"Yes, we were but I don't know if we still are." I said back.

"Ummm... Will you take me up on my offer now?"

Turning around I ask, "Which offer are we talking about...hmmm, is this the one where you stood me up?"

"Can you please let me live that mistake down, please and yes that's the offer I am talking about." Looking at his pleading eyes I thought about the options I have:
1. Be sarcastic and go back to sleep
2. Take him up on his offer, and look around the palace, knowing about its history like I wanted to.

Tough choice I would say. Making a decision I look up to see him waiting patiently for my answer. Making a thinking face and a lots of ummm while thinking I decided to put him out of his misery.

"Well, since you want me to forgive you and being a kind hearted person I would not want you to beg anymore, so I will take you up on your offer." As soon as he comprehended it, there was a slight disbelief in his eyes as if he expected me to blow him off. Well you can't blame me.

"But are you sure you wanna do it now, I mean it's so late. You have work tomorrow if you remember..."

"Well I very well remember that and I don't mind sleeping late anyways. Also, it's not gonna take that much of time. Come on now!!!" Well I doubt the last bit but let's go with the flow.

He dragged me out of his room and this is my second time in here but I still cannot make out anything.

_________________________________________

Guys sorry for late updates. I am kind of in middle of a crisis and it's been a bit difficult lately but I promise to get the updates back on schedule soon.

A very happy new year to you'll. I hope all your wishes get granted this year and you all have a blasting new year. Tell me your plans for this year and your resolutions (that I can never keep up with;)

 Tell me your plans for this year and your resolutions (that I can never keep up with;)

Thank you.

Please vote and comment to show your love and support.