↬ 𝟷𝟽. 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚐𝚞𝚢

↬ 𝟷𝟽. 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚐𝚞𝚢
𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘭𝘶𝘯𝘤𝘩 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥

"y/n-san, i'm going to be a starter! how cool is that? i practiced this much that i'm going to be a starter!"

the female looks up from her notebook, the one where she writes in all the notes on volleyball, and watches her friend walk towards her. inuoka plops down next to the girl in the grass and falls down.

he places his hands on the back of his head and closes his eyes. "my hard work paid off! this is amazing, i can't believe this is really happening! ah, i love volleyball."

"i told kuroo to teach you," she mumbles, then poking inuoka's side. "you're not even that good sō."

"rude!"

inuoka opens his eyes and pouts, "why are you always so mean to me? did your number neighbour teach you that? i call bad influence! bullshit!"

the female laughs at her friend next to her, shaking her head to his words. "i've always been mean to you, sō. you're mean to me too. you made me the manager of nekoma's volleyball team."

"it was yamamoto's idea, though!"

the girl rolls her eyes, "yeah, so what? only thing he said was that he wanted a female manager like that other team. he never said i should be the one doing it, that was your and kuroo's idea!"

inuoka pouts. he sits back up in the grass, then moving his head to his female friend. "you're right about that... but! you're doing amazing, so no stress!"

y/n widens her eyes as her phone starts to vibrate, so the grabs her phone and smiles when she sees who's texting her.

"is it your number neighbour?" inuoka asks, trying to get a glimpse of y/n her phone. he really wants to know what she's been talking about to this number neighbour guy. does she talk about him, for example?

"no, it's kenma."

kenmaaa
i finished the game y/n,
do you still want to
borrow it from me?

y/n !!
yes! aaah please that
would be great <3

kenmaaa
fine, you can borrow
the game

kenmaaa
do you want me to take
it to practice today?

kenmaaa
or are you picking it up
at my house later?

y/n !!
i can come over too

y/n !!
you live in the same
neighborhood soooo

kenmaaa
cool, see you at practice

y/n !!
see ya! we can go
home together :)

kenmaaa
sure, i'll tell kuroo

y/n !!
okay, awesome

"have you seen this new player of our team?" inuoka asks his best friend. "his name's lev haiba and he's half-russian and half-japanese. he sucks at volleyball, though."

y/n nods at inuoka's words, putting her phone away and placing her hands in her lap. "yeah, he's really tall. kuroo told me a little about him the other day and said that he can have great potential if he can actually try and hit the balls that are send his way."

"he better not outplay me," inuoka says, standing up and making his hands into fists. "because i just became a starter! i can finally play!"

the girl chuckles, "well, he's a bit of a threat if you don't keep practicing, sō. if you want i can ask kuroo to teach you some more."

the light-brown haired boy bows down to the girl, "yes, please! can you please ask him that? he listens to you better than he does to me."

y/n laughs, her hands pushing inuoka next to her in the grass. "don't act like such a weirdo. i'll talk to kuroo later today when we walk home after practice."

"yes, thanks y/n-san! i love you."

the male hugs his best friend and smiles. "you're the best!"

the girl rolls her eyes at her friends behaviour, pushing him away from her. "yeah, yeah... you can thank me later when you stay a regular, alrighty?"

the brown eyed boy smiles and nods. "alright! hey, want to grab lunch together?"

"oh yeah, sure thing. let's go."

right after, the two stand up from the grass and walk to the cafetaria. what they don't notice is the phone lighting up in the grass, meaning the girl has some new messages.

there's no way she can text her number neighbour back now.