↬ 𝟺𝟽. 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 𝚏𝚞𝚗𝚗𝚢 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢

𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘢 𝘧𝘶𝘯𝘯𝘺 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺, 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧

"YOU'RE A LIAR."

kageyama bursts into the hallway, grabbing y/n her arm as she finally returns from her walk.

the female widens her eyes at the sudden outburst of her number neighbour— the one she has been avoiding for three days now. three long days with knowing who he is, but him not knowing who she is.

"um, where are you taking me?"

"does it fucking matter?"

kageyama his raven hair bounces up and down as he storms through the hallways, then finally stopping when he finds a place to talk. he pushes y/n into the dark room, turning on the lights to reveal a random room. not so random to kageyama, since it's the one he's staying at, but to her it's a random room.

"you're hurting me."

"do you hear me complain about the fact that you're hurting my feelings by taking things from me, y/n? i thought you were my bestie, not some dumb liar."

"i have no idea what you're talking about."

is she for real?

kageyama groans and grabs to his head. "you do know what i'm talking about! you knew it was me you were texting all this damn time but you still refused to tell me and act all dumb over text! i knew something was up, i'm not dumb, y/n! tell me about it!"

"it's uh– kind of a funny story, actually—"

"it's no time for jokes now."

the female just stands there in the middle of the room, not knowing what to say to his words. kageyama is right, she should've told him it was her, and it certainly isn't time to crack jokes now. but why didn't she tell him? even y/n doesn't know why she didn't tell kageyama about her knowing it was him.

"you're right," she mumbles, playing with her fingers instead of looking at the handsome male in front of her. "i should've told you the moment i knew. i don't know why i didn't– i really don't. and you can hate me all you want, that's alright, because i deserve it," y/n says, taking a deep breath. why is this so hard to say?

"i'm not saying i hate you," kageyama says softly, sighing. "but i am hurt."

he laughs a little, shaking his head. "i thought nekoma's manager hated me for some odd reason. i really thought you were some creep, y/n. it makes sense now. but the fact that i ranted towards you, about you, hurts me."

the girl nods at his words. "yeah, i know. i'm a shit person for doing that. there really is no explanation for it. i'm just stupid."

she sighs, now finally looking up to kageyama. what hits her the most is his pretty face staring at her. the way his eyes look at her show hurt, no hate, just much hurt and confusion. and y/n gets that, because she did hurt him in the end, and maybe even in a worse way than she imagined she would.

she thought he would be hurt because of the way she looked. i mean, it isn't like y/n is a model. compared to kageyama, she looks like a potato. compared to others, she's just a regular girl. she was scared he didn't like what he would see– but who wouldn't be scared of that? they have been texting for a few months now, it's only natural to be insecure. but it is no reason to tell the one that you know it's them, when they have no idea it's you.

"i'm really sorry, kageyama..."

the male sighs, him looking away this time. his eyes fall onto his laptop. he wanted to watch my hero academia with y/n over the phone, even during his training camp. but she's here now.

"do you want to watch my hero academia now? i really want to know what happens next."

y/n is taken aback by kageyama his words. she has no idea how to read this guy. is he serious? does he really want to watch the show with her even though he's mad at the girl? the (h/c) haired female is confused, that can be said, but what the hell?

"uh, okay."

she nods at his words and watches kageyama walk towards the bed. he grabs his laptop from his bed and sits down, looking up to y/n who's still standing in the middle of the room. (she's really standing there like 🧍🏽‍♀️ mhm 'kay).

he doesn't keep her eyes off her, so y/n walks towards him and sits down next to him. kageyama starts the next episode without saying any other words. the only sounds in the room are the two breathing, and the intro of the show.

let's say y/n has never been more confused in her life.

a/n : another update today because i'm nice and because i love this book so much lol bye ✌🏼😋