↬ 𝟺𝟸. 𝚍𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚛𝚞𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚞𝚙 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚜

𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘱

kageyama feels a little awkward because of the stares he gets from nekoma's manager.

does he know her or something? he doesn't think he does, because he's way too awkward around females. socially awkward, to be exact, just like sugawara said.

the only females he probably talked to, were his mother, sister, shimizu and yachi. and of course his number neighbour, but that was only on text and on the phone.

oh, and she's from tokyo. there's no way that he knows anyone around here because she's here and he's back in their town, all the way in miyagi.

kageyama shakes his head a little, trying not to think about it for too long. he isn't even playing against nekoma right now, so why is she looking at them?

now that he thinks of it, he doesn't remember the female manager being there when they played nekoma before. is she new? kageyama has to really dig into his thoughts to know if she was there before, but he can vaguely remember that one of their second years said something about also wanting a female manager. so maybe that's that story.

"it seems like kageyama-kun has fans," tanaka says, laughing a little as he watches kageyama's glare. "she's been staring at you for quite some time."

kageyama scoffs, "yeah, it makes me feel awkward."

"what?" hinata says, chiming in. he takes a big gulp from the water bottle and watches where everyone is looking at. "what are you guys looking at?"

"nekoma's manager. she's cute, by the way. of course not as pretty as kiyoko-san is, but she sure is pretty."

"oh, that's y/n l/n! she's nekoma's manager since a few weeks. kenma-san told me about her. she sucks at her job, but she's been best friends with their captain for years and they thought she could do it because yamamoto-san wanted a female manager too."

why does that sound familiar to kageyama?

"she seems like a fan of kageyama, because she's been staring at him for quite some time now. she's not even watching nekoma's match, but ours."

hinata chuckles, "can't believe kageyama has someone staring at him."

"what do you mean by that, huh?!"

hinata widens his eyes, moving his hands in front of him as he sees kageyama's glare. "nothing! i'm just saying that– that uh, well... nevermind!"

damn, he's so scary.

"she must know him as 'the king of the court' too, otherwise there is no point of her to stare at him," tsukishima says, also joining the conversation between the three boys.

kageyama glares at tsukishima, "what did i tell you? don't call me that anymore."

tsukishima laughs, "oops, i'm sorry. i think i didn't hear you that good the past twenty times that you told me that."

"you're such an asshole, tsukishima."

"only to people who deserve it."

"what the hell does that mean?!"

"guys," daichi says with a sigh, "can you stop? we're continuing with the second set now. keep your head in the game! we lost the last one, so let's get this one back, alright?"

kageyama nods, "yes sir!" he yells, and with that runs back on the field. it's his turn to serve, so let's show them what he can do.

hopefully the girl won't stare for too long.

a little while later, and after a lot of diving drills and running up the hills, everyone is on their break from the summer camp. they had their dinner already, and are now free to go to do whatever they want to do.

so what will kageyama do? maybe text his number neighbour for a change. or maybe not, because she's always first.

he has checked his phone multiple times, yet she hasn't texted him. the raven haired male doesn't understand, why isn't she texting him? the girl is always the one to text first, and yet she hasn't texted him.

he told her he was busy, but maybe she's busy too? could that be possible?

bastard
hey bestie

bastard
i guess?

bastard
i mean that's what you
always say but you're
not here to text me first
so yeah lol

bastard
where are you🧍🏽‍♀️

bastard
helloooo???

bastard
uh are you leaving me
on read ???

bastard
bestie what the hell😐

bastard
i'm even calling you
bestie, so why aren't
you responding?

y/n !!
i'm busy.

just scared to text you, actually, but there's no way the girl will tell him that.

bastard
busy? with what?

bastard
you're never too
busy to talk to me

bastard
what changed? lol

bastard
not that i care

bastard
just a little concerned
for you cuz u don't
seem like yourself

y/n !!
oh so now he cares

she wasn't supposed so type that to him. is it too late to delete that message now? she sounds so rude.

oh yeah, too late, he's already seen it.

dammit.

bastard
oh?

bastard
ok then

bastard
i'll leave you alone.

y/n !!
i'm sorry...

y/n !!
are you mad?🥺

bastard
whatever.

oh fuck, now she feels bad. ugh, why did y/n need to be so damn rude to him? kageyama doesn't know that she knows who he is, so why can't she just be nice to him?

truth is, she has no idea how to act right now. all she wants to do is scream at him that she knows who he is, but she won't do it. not now, and probably not ever.

but, it will only get worse if she doesn't tell him soon...