Chapter 31

"Derek?" I scream when I rush outside. Both him and Scott were stood, watching something.

"He's gone." I say when Derek comes to my side. "Who?" He asks and I sigh. "Stiles. Stiles has it and... and he took off... he doesn't even know yet. He left half way through the scan." I say and Derek sighs. "Nia I'm so sorry." He says and I sigh.

"Oh my god, is that Issac?" I ask lookimg behind Derek.

I rush over to Issac on the floor with Derek beside me.

Derek checks his pulse then looks at me with worried eyes. "No pulse. He's not breathing." Derek says. "Get him up." I say to Derek and he does exactly that.

Someone rushes over with a stretcher and takes him inside and I just watch them.

"We need to get out of here. We need to talk." Derek says and I look up at him confused. "I need to find Stiles." I say and he sighs. "I know, but we need to talk first." Derek says and I shake my head no.

"I need to find Stiles." I say and he sighs. "Let your dad and the cops deal with it. I seriously need to talk to you." He says and I sigh. "Well it better not take long." I say and he grabs my hand and leads me to our cars.

"Meet me at my place?" He asks and I nod.

When I get to the loft, Derek pulls up beside me.

"Carry me?" I ask once he gets out of his car. "Only because I pity you." He says throwing me over one shoulder.

"This isn't what I meant." I complain as he walks me up the far too many steps. "Yeah well it's what you're getting so stop complaining." He says and I roll my eyes.

He throws me down on the bed and shrugs his jacket off. "Derek... my brother just got diagnosed with the same thing that killed my mom. I'm not in the mood to have sex." I say and he turns to me confused.

"Talk then bitch." I say and take my leggings off and leaving me in just his t-shirt.

"It's about Stiles and the nogitsune. You know, the thing that the Oni attacked us all for." Derek says and I nod. "Go on." I say climbing off of the bed and heading to grab something to eat.

"Stiles doesn't have frontemporal dementia Nia." Derek says and I raise an eyebrow. "I saw the scan." I say and he shrugs.

"I don't know how the scan read that he has frontemporal dementia, but I promise you he doesn't." He says and I sigh. "I don't gwt what you're trying to say." I say sitting on a chair whilst eating some cookies.

"Stiles doesn't have dementia, because he's the nogitsune. It didn't make sense to me why you were attacked that night at the party. But you were. But now it does make sense. We're constantly around Stiles, who is the nogitsune." Derek says.

I raise from the chair and just leave the cookies there. I grab my leggings and put them back on as fast as possible.

"What are you doing?" Derek asks and I look up at him. "Are you serious? I just found out my brother's gonna die, the same way my mom did. I get if you're trying to cheer me up or whatever but this is a really sick way to do so." I say walking over to my shoes.

"Nia, I'm not joking." Derek says holding my shoulders. "Yes you are." I say and he shakes his head no. "I promise you I'm not. I swear to you that im not lying." Derek says and I sigh and lean forward to put my head on his chest.

"Just tell me your lying." I say against his chest. "I can't." He says and I sigh.

"Well isn't this the world's shittest day. Jesus Christ." I say grabbing my shoes.