Chapter Eight: West Side Park

I couldn't get enough of Hotch and he seemingly couldn't get enough of me. Every moment for nearly a month was spent waking up next to him, kissing him, missing him when he was at work, jumping into his arms as soon as he got back, kissing him some more, watching him cook dinner, cuddling, kissing even more, and doing everything I could to be by his side. He was intoxicating, addicting, and I was too in love with him for anyone's good— except the unsub, of course. I couldn't get any work done with him distracting me all the time. We'd completely abandoned the case out of horniness.

"You seem so happy lately." Julie pointed out one day.

"I am." I smiled warmly. "I've never been this happy in my life, actually."

"I'm glad to see you two so in love. Peter and I were talking about how much you've changed since you've arrived."

"I just had to warm up to everyone."

"Your husband included?" She asked. "Why's that?"

"We were just nervous around so many new people, but I feel like we've acclimated well enough."

"Duh, you're friends with me. I only accept the best of the best."

"Of course." I laughed. "When's the due date?"

"June 13."

"Today's, what, April 29? Do you have everything you need?"

"Yes, we've been prepared for months. We think they'll come even earlier than expected because it's hard for doctors to guess with twins, so I take the go bag with me everywhere." She shrugged. "I'd hate to have to go to the hospital without a hairbrush."

"If you ever need anything, I'm right next door. If I hear screaming one day because your water broke and the guys are at work, I'm driving you myself. I'll even pack an extra hairbrush."

"Thank you, Olivia. I've been hearing lots of different screams from your house recently." She smirked. I covered my face in embarrassment.

"Sorry, we'll keep it down."

"It's not me who it bothers. It looks like Sharon wants to kill you even more than before, but there's no way she could possibly know that you've been going at it like rabbits."

"She probably put spy cams up in the house to keep tabs on us." I snorted before remembering that there were quite literally cameras in the house, and she was probably the one behind them. It shut me up quickly.

I asked Hotch later in the shower who he thought was behind it. We needed to work more on the case and the bathroom was the only safe place in the house.

"I thought at first that they somewhat respected our privacy-"

I cut him off. "By putting cameras up?"

"In every room but the most personal. I thought, 'well, at least they can't see us in the shower or taking a piss', but I think that's more for themselves than for us."

"Yeah, I don't think they give a fuck about- wait, what do you mean?"

He nodded, rubbing conditioner on both of our heads. "I think whoever's watching them comes to the house and uses the bathroom sometimes, which is why they're not in here. It's for them, not us."

"Which would mean one of our friends, but it couldn't have been Julie, Peter, Claire, or anyone you work with. We already went through their alibis. Who else are we friends with?"

"Zachary and Melissa."

"It couldn't have been either of them because there was a baby shower for one of Melissa's friends at Zachary's restaurant. I saw the pictures, so they're both out." I sighed. "Why would they even care enough to not put them in the bathrooms? They can't see themselves using our toilet if they're here, so I don't get what the big deal is."