Chapter 2 | Pain

3rd person P.O.V. :

The magic knights received the order to find Asta, at the same time the newspaper has the news about the recent event. The words about Asta killing the nobles with his devil started to spread around the whole kingdom including the forsaken realm. Father Orsi, Sister Lily and the kids knew about the news.

They are worrying about Asta's safety, "I hope Asta is okay" Sister Lily said worriedly as some of the kids having tears coming out from their eyes. "If the magic knight are searching for Asta, they probably will come to us since we were always in contact." Father Orsi "True, we need to be alert of who will find us." Sister Lily agreed.

Suddenly they heard footsteps in front of the door. They became alert, thinking someone will ask them where Asta is but then they heard a familiar voice spoke up "Father Sister everyone. it's me Yuno." Sister Lily went to open the door and revealed Yuno who has eye bags under his eye, he looks restless and sad.

"Welcome back Yuno. You look tired, how are you doing?" Sister Lily asked as she opened the door for Yuno and Yunowalked in "I'm fine, I feel uneasy, I have a feeling that something bad is going to happen to you all. Sister Lily, did Asta came here?" Yuno asked "Nope, we have not see him since last month" Sister Lily said with sadness. "Oh I was hoping I can see Asta and talk to him. Becareful Father Orsi, Sister Lily and everyone" Yuno said as he leaves the church.

Little did they know, someone started to gather a group of citizens who wants to kill Asta's family. A week later, the magic knight found out that the group is now named as Devil Destroyer. They tried to find more information about the Devil Destroyer but when the magic knights found out their objective, they are too late to capture them.

Everything is normal at the church, the kids are playing outside, sister Lily is hanging the clothes. Their peaceful time is disturbed by 5 people who have full of wounds on their body that are walking weakly towards the church. Sister Lily saw them and offered them to go into the church.

Sister Lily healed them and asked the group to rest. The group stand up and walk towards the kitchen where the kids, Father Orsi and Sister Lily are at the dining area, preparing eating their food. Sister Lily noticed the group and tried to tell them to get back on the bed "You all should stay in the be-" before Sister Lily finish talking, the group drew out their grimoires and prepare to attack them. The kids ran towards Sister Lily and Father Orsi.

"Where is the brat Asta?!" One of them said with hostility in his tone. "We don't know too... he hasn't been here since last month" Sister Lily answered. "Well, it doesn't matter, we will lure him by killing you all and take some of the kids hostage!" Another one said as all of them fired their attacks at father Orsi, sister Lily and the kids. Father Orsi and Sister Lily are pirced by most of the attcks, they immediately fell unconscious as they are losing blood rapidly.

The kids are shivering in fear, some of the attacks hit them but Nash protect the younger ones. "Let's take the little brats!" All of them took the kids except Nash who is bleeding badly from the wounds he received. The group left the church as they went to a little hut in a forest.

---

Before the events occurred, Asta was wearing a cloak, preparing to visit his family. "So you are going to see your family secretly wothout being noticed. Are you sure you don't want to use my transformation magic?" Lucifer asked

"Yup, I might screw up and the magic knights will find out is me" Asta said as he put on the hood and started walking out of the forest.

He walked to the church and saw the church us oddly quiet. He went inside to check and saw the terrifying sight. Blood puddles are surrounding Father Orsi, Sister Lily and Nash, the kids are no where to be seen.

Asta immediately rushes in, he tried to wake them up but he gets no response from them. He tried to do first aid but he can't hear their heart beat.

Hia eyes are filled with tears, hatred started to fill in his eyes. "How dare they hurt my family! I will kill them! " Asta shouted as his hair started to turn lighter ash blond almost white, a thin tail growing behind him, small horns started sprouting on his head, his sclera is filled with black, his iris turns red, his pupil became slit and fangs are visible.

"I WILL DEFINITELY KILL ALL OF THEM WHO HURTS MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS!" He let out a cold laugh while tears are still continously coming out.

After awhile he stop laughing and his tears stopped coming out. "Now where will they be?" He said to himself as he saw a piece of paper on the table. He read the paper and leave the church. "I swear I will avenge you without fail" Asta said with a sadistic smile plastered on his face before leaving.

---

At the little hut, there are at least 10 people in there. The kids are still shivering in fear, some of them are crying silently while one of the guy in the group walk towards them. "Remember we are the Devil Destroyer, we will kill that Asta brat and we killed your pathetic guardians. So if you want to live before that brat comes, you need to serve us." He said before the door opens.

All of them turn their head and look at the door and saw a man with red glowing eyes and he is holding a sword in his hand.

A/N: Hahaha I am so bad, here's a cliffhanger.