~Twenty-Seven~

The turtle was delivered the next day.

Tony said it was a green sea turtle, and a huge one at that. I was waiting in the shallows of my pool in my shifted form.

Tony had wanted to protest, but had given up.

I wanted to meet my new friend in the water.

There were four scientists grasping a large cloth with what I assumed was the turtle within it.

They moved the turtle to the shallows before gently lowering it and taking moving the cloth from its face.

She was beautiful, and massive. She was missing her front left flipper.

The scientists let out a heavy breath as they backed away from her. She lifted her head to look around before she started pushing herself towards the water. She had to be at least three and a half foot long, she was the biggest turtle I'd ever seen.

I heard the scientists gasp as I moved towards her as she became submerged in the water.

I was too busy with my new friend to care. I swam around her, taking in her colors and watching her take in her new home.
.
.
.
I had swam with her for barely five minutes when I heard the dolphin chatter.

I didn't want to, but I knew I had to. I turned around and headed back to the shallows to see what Tony wanted.

One of the scientists was still there standing with Tony.

He waited for me to pull myself to the waters edge, "So this is Doctor Attenborough, he's the marine biologist I was on the phone with yesterday. He is about to go have a trip to study a very old fish and he wants to know if you want to go study with him," Tony told me.

That sounded exciting, I looked back towards the water, "But turtle..." I said sadly.

Doctor Attenborough was quick to respond, "The trip isn't for another two weeks, you have plenty of time to bond with Calypso,".

That satisfied me. I nodded my head, "Okay, I will go,".