Protection

I let a soft sigh leave my lips as I stared down at the map of Corona that Rapunzel had given me. I was laying on his lab floor with my head in my left hand before I groaned and put my head on the floor. A soft laugh was heard behind me and the floor boards creaked until it stopped right next to me. "What are you groaning about?" Varian asked as he tilted the witch hat on my head back so he could see my face better. "Hm mhmhhm hm." I grumbled into my hands and Varian laughed again. "Sorry, milady, but I don't speak groan." He said and I rolled my eyes before lifting my head up slightly.

"Rapunzel wants me to put protection all around the kingdom, but I do t even know where to start. There's just so much ground to cover and so much to do, and so many different things that I can do. I'm just stressed out I guess." I said and he nodded. "Well, what ideas do you have so far?" He asked as he laid down next to me on the floor. "I tried coming up with a way to spread the protection like how I do with the meadow." I said and pointed to the very center of Corona. "This is the heart of the city. Well, technically it is since it's the center. When I do my rituals in the meadow, I always perform them in the heart of the meadow. That way the protection gets spread evenly throughout. But one of the problems I'm running into is that my protection spell can't reach each edge of the city from this location." I explained and Varian nodded.

"What if you do multiple rituals all through Corona." Varian said before grabbing a quill and circling different areas on the map. "Considering the meadows size, if you do spells here, here, here, here, oh h-here. And..." He said dragging out the and as he drew about three more circles. "Here. You should be able to cover all of Corona." He said sitting up with a smile before looking down at me. I stared at him with the same expression I had been staring at the map with. "What?" He asked and I sighed. "Varian, look how many circles you made. I would have to rush everything to get the spells going and to keep up with it. And if I'm rushing through all of it, then it's not going to be nearly as strong as it should be." I said before groaning again and rolling onto my back and staring up at the ceiling.

"I just wish that I could just create a spell powerful enough to cover all of Corona, or be able to do multiple spells like that without wearing myself out and giving it my 100% effort." I said and it was silent for a few moments. "Oh my god!" Varian said loudly causing me to jump slightly. I watched as he scrambled to get up from the floor and tripped a couple times in the process making me giggle. "Sapphs, what are y-" "Shhh! Sh! Shut up! Shhhh!" He said quickly as he practically ran around the lab searching for something.

I watched as he quickly rolled out his black board and picked up different colored pieces of chalk. "Varian, seriously, wh-" I tried to say only to be cut off by him making random noises to shut me up. I rolled my eyes and watched as he continued to draw all over the black board before stepping away from it with a smug smirk across his freckled cheeks.

"I think I just found the solution to your problems." He said placing his hands on his hips. I tilted my head to the side slightly confused. "Uh, Sapphires. You literally just drew a picture of me sleeping inside a toadstool ring. And the toadstool ring that surrounds...the...meadow...holy shit!" I said loudly as I quickly got off the ground and got closer to the blackboard. "Varian, I-I" I was at a loss of words and he only chuckled. "I know. I'm a genius." He said as he stared at his work.

"I can't believe I didn't see this earlier! By putting a toadstool ring around all of Corona, it can be protected! It provides a great amount of protection and the only thing you need to do is to plant it! I-I can carve the sigils all around Corona so the only way it can be destroyed is from the inside! Sapphires, I could kiss you right now!" I said as I held onto his shoulders. "Well, there's nothing stopping you, milady." He said and puckered his lips ready for a kiss and I rolled my eyes as he waited for me to kiss him.