The Sea Serpent

Varian and I both stepped into our room and started creating our pillow fort. "O-okay, I think we should put the chair in the center. As a support beam." I said pulling the chair towards the center of the room and Varian nodded. "As smart as ever, milady." He said and I giggled. We both put blankets over the chair and secured them to each other. A soft scratching noise made both of us look towards the window. Sunny was staring right at us before he rubbed his body against the closed window. I opened the window and Sunny meowed at me a few times before jumping into the room with us.

"Hey buddy." Varian said as Sunny rubbed against his legs and meowed up at him. I grabbed a few pillows and put them inside the small pillow fort for us to sit on. I sat on one of the pillows and Sunny and Varian both joined me inside.

"This isn't the best pillow fort, but it's fine for the three of us." He said and I nodded. "I like it! Super simple and not complicated." I said and he nodded. "Oh! One second!" I said before crawling out of the fort and grabbing my satchel. I reached inside and pulled out a black candle along with a holder for it. I crawled back inside the fort and sat down before licking my middle finger and my thumb. I quickly moved my fingers along the wick and it became aflame the moment my fingers left it. I held both of my hands out for Varian and he held my hands.

"Ready for the seance?" I asked with a smirk and Varian choked on his spit causing him to pull his hands back and start coughing. He coughed a few times and I laughed. "You okay, Sapphires?" I asked and he nodded regaining himself. "Y-yeah. I could have sworn I heard you say, ready for the seance." He said before coughing once more and I smirked at him. "No, you heard me right." I said and he stared at me with wide eyes.

"Y-You're kidding...right?" He asked and I laughed. "You should have seen your face." I said before laughing again. "Why would you say that?! I would really not like to have another demon in my body." He said and I calmed down from laughing. "Not all demons are horrible. There are quite a few demons that are rather cool. Like there's Greg for example." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Greg? Okay, there is no way a demon is just named Greg." Varian said crossing his arms and I nodded. "That's not his actual name. I just gave that name because I really don't like referring to him as 'the demon that makes faces through my windows to scare me because he thinks it's funny.' Greg is less of a mouthful." I said and Varian stared at me scared.

"Back up, what?! A demon makes faces through your windows and you named him Greg?!" He said and I rolled my eyes. "Did you want me to name him Jeffery?" I asked and he face palmed.

"I would rather you not name demons that are staring at you through your windows!" He said and I giggled. "If it makes you feel better, he's friends with Death. Besides, it's funny. When he's not scaring me, he tells me about the upper class demons that are roaming the world currently." I said and Varian stared at me with a blank expression. "It really doesn't make me feel better." He said and I laughed.

"Do you wanna know about the upper class demons roaming the world currently?" I asked and he shook his head no. "No, I really don't." He said with a light smile and I laughed. "I suppose that's fair." I said and Sunny got up from his pillow to lay in my lap. Varian and I continued talking and laughing for a bit longer before we fell asleep in the fort snuggled up to each other.

Dream time:

I crotched down to examine what looked like burned plants. "They're completely destroyed." I said as I started to dig my fingered into the dirt. An instant wave of anxiety, fear, and helplessness flooded my entire body. I glanced up and saw Zhan Tiri right in front of my. My breath hitched in my throat and I could barely breathe. A pair of hands wrapped around my arms and pulled me off the ground and the image of Zhan Tiri vanished as well as what I was feeling.