THIRTY-NINE

My feet stomped on the concrete wall of a sturdy-looking building located on the outskirts of the peaceful town of Volterra. Aro grabbed my hand, clearly reading my feelings and thoughts straight away. Wendy quickly stepped into the house. I, Aro and Clara followed behind her slowly carefully observing the scents of the Egyptian vampire Coven.

The aroma is full of sun and slightly mixed with the smell of sand. Demetri's smell was also evident. We entered through a room that looks monochrome and very plain there is only one table and 4 old chairs that are neatly arranged.

"Oh hey Demi!" Wendy walked to hug Demetri ignoring the surprised looks from Amun, Kebi, Tia and Benjamin. I looked at them with a muffled chuckle. Bad first impression.

Seeing this, Amun's eyes glaring, almost jumping out. "She's human?!" He shouted in surprise.

Wendy looked at him mockingly. "Well, I'm human. Any problem with that?" She Stick out her tongue out at the Egyptian vampire. Made Demetri and I laugh again.

His face looks really angry at the insult of his food. Him eyes bulged as if they would pop out if Wendy added another mockery.

"It's against the law you made yourself Aro." He finally spoke after Recovering from the shock. His eyes drifted away from Aro and fixed on me, my smell must have made them a little confused and from their expressions surprise was obvious. They froze in shock. why did the vampire's surprised reaction have to freeze? It looks cute like making it look like a real ice sculpture. Now I also look like a stupid ice sculpture. At least it looks great on display.

The sound of Aro's laughter made me realize that our hands were still intertwined. If I was alone with him I would put on a disgusting pout. Aro noticed my distaste and let go of our intertwined hands.

"I'm Rexanne mate of the volturi king nice to meet you guys." Greet me with sincere hospitality.

"I-"

"Wendy, my name is Wendy. Happy to meet you. Demetri told me a few things about you two." Wendy cut off Clara who looked resigned to it.

Amun glared at Wendy's courage to speak. Then he looked at Demetri with contempt. "Your mate is human? And you're calmly just staring at her? What's with the volturi these past few years." Amun babbled in frustration, uh I sure he was a annoying.

"Wait, before you said you moved easily because of your mate? And here it is, only human? A weak and fragile human?!" He said sharply . The expression on his face was completely disbelieving and shrouded in hatred in his gaze towards Wendy he even ignored the presence of Clara who was actually still classified as a human type.

"What's so confusing to you, they're mate and Wendy will be turning into vampires soon. Besides you don't look like you believe she can teleport but lo and behold, we and Demetri did it." I said annoyed at him. On the other hand Benjamin and if I'm not mistaken his mate named Tia looks amazed because of it.

Clara coughed to get our group's attention. "I'm Clara, I'm a witch. Nice to be involved in this not-so-fun encounter." Clara said kindly.

Clara was polite to Amun, while Amun on the other hand glared at her sharply. His eyes accidentally met mine, a serious threatening radiance reflected in mine. He may be smart but he can be stupid in some decisions. One of them is to confine his mate coven so as not to betray him and not go out of his reach.

The threatening gaze was to minimize the occurrence of a truce with us.

I turned my gaze towards his Coven members who were much better off. "Nice to meet you Benjamin, Tia and Kebi." I greeted happily ignoring Amun's stupid expression. I quickly came forward to shake their hands happily.