Preface

This is a spin on classic Christian [and Judaic] myth. So, I've read that in some texts Lilith was the first woman instead of Eve. I wanted to write a story that was feminist, and railed against the inherent sexism we see sometimes in myth, in real life, practically...everywhere. I wanted to write about how Lilith's story, her side, how she must've felt. 

Adam, Eve and God are the only characters who match the original myth. Everything else is a figment of my imagination. 

The story alternates between Lilith's and Eve's POVs. For those who need to know more about Lilith [you may look up more information on this if you wish. Not everything in this book is accurate to the original story.]

Lilith was actually the first woman along with Adam. After she was created, she fought with Adam, particularly on the matters of sex. She wanted the dominant position too, but Adam never agreed. She told him she'd either have sex as equals, side by side or if she was on top. He didn't agree so she stormed out of the Garden of Eden. When God found out, he commanded three angels to bring her back to her husband by force. She doesn't come back but promises the angels she won't harm newborn babies if they have amulets with their name on it. 

Some texts say that this is why Eve was fashioned from Adam's rib to obey him. 

As you can see, she's considered a somewhat demonic figure in the myth. I decided to bring her back in my story.