Chapter 06

╚»★ 𝕷𝖎𝖑𝖎𝖙𝖍 ★«╝

More importantly, it seemed that god was missing and nowhere to be found. I stormed the heavens and only visited him once and now I was back here again. Maybe he was on a vacation, chilling. I pat my pockets and sigh with relief.

I have two things only but I would need more supplies to cause any major destruction. As I walk out and shake the sand clock, I catch a glimpse of black hair and downtrodden mouth.

"Hey! You there!" I hollered and waved my hand. He comes over. It was the angel from before, who was being...bullied one could say when I first entered Eden.

Eve watches him with curiosity, wondering how I know him. "You know all the angels? I thought Gabriel and Raphael were there..."

I scoff. "That's because they don't let him be seen as such."

He stared at the ground and shuffled his feet as he wrung his hands, whispering something.

"What? Hey, you gotta speak a little louder if you want people to hear you," I raise my eyebrows. He looked dejected or scared. Or both.

"Yeah," he mumbled. "Why did you...call me?"

"I figured maybe you are bored or something," I shrug as I look at the sand grains falling slowly.

"Not really," he whispers. "I...don't belong here. Or anywhere."

I snorted. "Well I would know something about that. But what do you mean anywhere? Isn't this your home?"

He doesn't respond but instead glances and stares fascinated at the sand clock. "What's that?"

"It...tells time," I settle on an answer.

"Why would you need it?" his eyes are curious as they take me in. "You're...planning something aren't you?"

I must have looked shocked because he smiled a small smile.

"I guess...I notice?" he laughed awkwardly. "Well. I'm not sure what exactly you want to do by coming to heaven. It isn't exactly...the best."

I doubled in laughter as I thought about it. No, paradise didn't exist. Anyone who thought that was living a facade.

"It isn't. I came to ask for my rights but I don't think I am going to get it."

He shrugged and I suddenly remembered something.

"Hey...so...god doesn't seem to be here, does he?" I whispered. "It's just...I came here twice and I haven't even been noticed so far now. How...is that?"

The angel shrugged. "I don't know. Honestly, maybe he's preparing some kinda punishment...?"

I hummed as I surveyed the garden and looked at him. "Well I have work to do, wanna tag along?"

"I don't think it's the best idea..." he looked conflicted. "Well, it's not like anyone wants me here either."

He nodded as I shook the clock and watched him. "There might be repercussions."

Eve looks elsewhere, hesitating. "I...don't know, Lilith. I don't know what you're planning, but what if it isn't worth it?"

I shrug. "I don't have anything to lose because I never had anything in the first place. I came to the heavens to take my place...," I trail off.

Eve nods in understanding. We both have nothing and yet we are here, fighting for something that never belonged to us. Where would we go? Even the angel seemed like he didn't have a place in this world.