Chapter 03

╚»★ 𝕷𝖎𝖑𝖎𝖙𝖍 ★«╝

They were laughing maniacally. And god, did it irritate me. I was covered in blood as they pointed fingers and smirked arrogantly. "Oh Lilith, look at you. Looks like your mouth finally got you into trouble didn't it?"

I wanted to scream and thrash and above all, cut those eyes out. I would. I opened my mouth but no sound came out.

"Ah, we've zipped your mouth shut. No speaking, no trouble," they laughed again as their eyes glimmered in the dark.

I tried to speak, to croak, to even make a small sound, but I could not. I saw a blade flash and then it was gone before I felt something scratch the insides of my throat, cutting the vocal cords and the edges. I felt my eyes widen as I looked at them but they were gone.

I coughed blood but the blade just kept cutting deeper and deeper until I couldn't differentiate the metallic taste of blood and the jagged, sharp metal.

I woke up in cold sweat, breathing heavily, as I looked around. What was that nightmare?

I was scared. I checked my pockets for the sand clock and my sword and patted them and felt a momentary rush of relief. Standing up I brushed the dust from my clothes and let out a wild scream, my heart fluttering.

"Oh thank...thank hell," I muttered.

I shook the sand clock in my hand, curiously watching as the sand drifted down slowly.

"This is all this thing does?" I looked at it incredulously. Huh, guess it's gonna be a million years before we see anything new.

I played it for some time before I got bored and looked at the North Star. Now that seemed much more reliable and beautiful.

I pulled out a compass from my pocket, something I acquired on the way but saw nobody use it. Looking around I saw people with their heads mostly bent, accessing some sort of shiny object. I felt my pockets grow heavier by the second as an old man brushed my shoulder and I turned to glare at him. He disappeared soon enough.

Digging my hands in, I found my hands came out sandy. My pockets were rapidly filling with sand and I was being dragged down with the heavy weight. Pulling out my pocket knife, I ripped a hole in my pocket but it seemed that with every sand grain that fell out, even more came in my pocket.

Did the sand clock break? What did the seller say? He said something about...future and the past. Where was I?

"Don't tilt the clock without first shaking it and upturning it," he warned me as I dismissed him and paid him in gold coins.

"What does it do?"

"Do as I say and the rest will be revealed," he winked back at me. From a dingy lit small room hidden in an alleyway, it seemed he barely had any customers but somehow looked healthy and well off.

"Why would I buy this thing if I don't even know what it does?" I glared at him, pointing my knife as his eyes widened and he spilled everything. So much for the big revelation.

Fumbling around, I shook the clock and reversed the direction of it, hoping someone would aid me in my plight. No one noticed or no one really cared it seemed. I felt myself drown in the sand, as it quickly wrapped itself around my legs and waist, rendering me immobile as my arms flailed with the clock.

"Help!" I croaked out. The people vanished and I felt part of my legs stretch itself away and I screamed in horror as part of my muscles tore itself away and I felt something cold and hard replace it. The sand sunk me further in and I closed my eyes.

You will have to pay a price for this.

***

I woke up in the dreaded, idiotic Garden of Eden, rubbing my head and making sure and the clock was still in my pocket. My pockets had been fixed somehow and I stood up slowly, glancing around.

Something seemed different. I couldn't yet point it out, but it seemed more...beautiful in a highly artificial way. Making my way towards the Tree of Knowledge, I peered around for my companion.

"Hisssss,"

"Hey! Well you're still here," I smirked at him. "Crawling now I see."

"What can I say? I tried my best and I was punished. Besides, there's a new woman here," he hissed as his yellow eyes glared at me.

"What?" I threw my hands up. "So Adam is here, and the angels are here...and there's more...humans?"

"Apparently," he slithered his way across from me. "You see...we really don't know what's going on."

Really? I knew he was lying, his eyes were averted and he was moving quickly away.

"You tempted her to eat this, didn't you?" I laughed. "And yet, she's still here."

I felt my anger rise, and boil. I knew she might be thrown out soon but why wasn't it done yet? Why was Adam still here? Nothing made sense anymore and I would soon find out.

I heard the leaves rustle and the olive branches move slightly from where I stood and saw a woman come out. She had leaves wrapped around her torso and waist and she scanned me from top to down as her eyes widened.

"What happened to your leg?" she nearly screamed.

"Shut up, Eve," a man came out and I immediately recognized his voice . Adam. The fucking  bastard.