Chapter 10

Leah POV

I ran down the final hall, tears blurring my vision. I let out a pathetic sob as I closed my bedroom door. I slid down the door, finally letting my tears stream down my face. I didn't care how loud I was, I just held my legs to my chest, burying my head into my knees, and cried. I don't know what I was more upset about though. 

The memory of Lucas, or the fact Vlado put me in that situation.

Vlado POV

I carried myself back to my office, careful not to bump into anyone on the way. Once I made it, I opened a drawer under my desk and pulled out the medical kit. I cleaned my hands and face before I began to fix my nose. I sucked in a breath when I pressed my nose too hard, and it was at that moment that Clarke walked in. 

"Hey Vlado, I need to talk to you about-" She turned to face me, pausing when she saw the pile of blood-stained tissues on my desk. I stayed seated in my chair as she walked up to me. She observed my nose, tapping it gently. I moved my head away from her and glared at her.

"Damn, that looks bad." She pointed out. 

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, it's as painful as it looks." I picked up my bin from under the desk and held it in the air. I swiped my arm across my desk towards the bin. Once all of the tissues made their way into the bin, I set it back down again. I looked back at Clarke, who was standing in front of my desk, her arms folded.

"Who did it and why'd they do it?" I let out a sigh.

"It was-"

"Was it Romero? I know you let that dude do a lot of things we would never get close to doing, but letting him punch you? You must've really deserved it." She cut me off. 

"No, it wasn't Romero." I sighed.

"Was it Theo?"

"No."

"Was it-" 

"It was Leah." Clarke was silent. Her face was blank, trying to process what I just said.

"What the hell did you do to deserve that?" She finally said. I was surprised that she wasn't as shocked as I thought she would be, but I ignored that when the guilt started to return.

I put my head in my hands, propping my arm on the table. "I got physical with her when she wouldn't answer my question."

"You hit her?!" Clarke exclaimed. I quickly whipped my head up.

"No no no!" I defended. "I got all up in her space when she wouldn't tell me how she could throw such a punch," I explained, hiding my face in my hands once more. I could hear the chair in front of me slide against the floor, and I assumed that Clarke sat down.

"So then why did she punch you?" Ugh.

"I scared her," I muttered quietly.

"I didn't hear you. What did you say?" Clarke asked. I sighed and lifted my head. I kept my eyes focused on the wall behind her so I wouldn't see the look in her eyes when I told her.

"I scared her," I said louder, embarrassed. I didn't hear any answer, so I looked back at Clarke. She was trying to keep her smile hidden but was failing miserably. Her body was shaking and her face looked like it was about to explode from laughter. Because it was. I rolled my eyes so hard, I thought they would be stuck at the back of my head when she burst out laughing. She was wheezing from her lack of oxygen before she spoke.

"I'm sorry, let me get this straight." She laughed, taking short breaths. "You scared Leah, and she punched you in the face?" I nodded sheepishly, and Clarke roared with laughter once more. I felt myself get red-faced the more she laughed.

She laughed for a few more minutes before she leaned slightly back in her chair, a Cheshire-like smile on her face.

"Ok, serious time." In the blink of an eye, Clarke's silly grin faded, and in its place was a blank face. I stayed quiet, waiting for her to speak.

"Why were you getting so psyched up because she landed a punch?" I felt my thoughts from before come back to me, and I felt some anger come along with it too.

"She wouldn't tell in the first place, and to be fair, it was a really solid punch. I'm surprised my nose isn't broken." I touched my nose gently. The pain had flared down, with was good because now I could actually fix it up. Clarke was silent as I fixed my nose, staring at nothing in particular.

"You alright?" I asked. Her head snapped to me.

"Yeah, sorry. I was just thinking." She scratched the back of her head. Why was everybody lying to me today? I eyed her for a moment, waiting for her to fess up. But she didn't.

"Alright then." Clarke stood up, walking to the door.

"Wait!" She turned around, looking at me.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" I asked, remembering what she came into my office for. There was a small moment of silence before she smiled.

"Don't worry about it. It was nothing." She left.

Why were people acting so strange today?

Clarke POV

The scene in the dining room a couple of days ago. Punching Vlado in the face. Something is going on with Leah. She's hiding something, and I think it is something big. Big enough to hide it from us. The others may not see it yet, but I do. And they will too, eventually. Vlado will, once he notices her weird behaviour. 

For now, I will let it slide. But when something else happens, and it will, I will figure it out. I won't be able to do it alone though. I will have to get Mattheo to help me out with this. And thankfully, there is somebody who does know what is going on. 

And that person is Mary.