Chapter 36

Hey guys! Sorry for the late release. I just wanted to make a longer chapter than usual (and a bit more dramatic too). Please let me know if you have any questions or requests or anything. Also, there is strong language and violence involved (not much), so be careful if you have any triggers.

Hope you enjoy!

Vlado POV

Everything was getting prepared for the celebration. Again.

Everyone worked quickly to get everything done before the party. It had to be held soon, otherwise, the Semenov's would no longer want to have an alliance and do something stupid. Although, if they were smart enough, they wouldn't try anything dumb.

Amelia and Mary were helping Clarke set up the tables and chairs, making sure there was enough room for everyone, while Theo, Rowan, and Scarlett hung up the decorations. 

"So, the Semenovs will get here in the early evening, so everything has to get done by then," I informed Romero as he walked next to me into the decorated dining room. He nodded.

"I want two people stationed at every entrance and exit, as well as a few in every room."

"I'll make sure that happens."

"Yes, you will." I gave him a look and he nodded then left.

My eyes found Clarke and Leah's best friend talking to each other, but no Leah insight. Clarke met my gaze and said something to Mary before heading over to me.

"What's up?"

"Where's Leah?"

She looked over her shoulder. "I'm not sure. Are there any other places that needed to be ready before the party?"

I thought for a moment. "The food needs to be organised, but that's getting delivered." Maybe she's outside waiting for the trucks. "I'll leave you to it."

Clarke gave me a curt nod before walking back over to help Amelia and Mary.

I did a final look over the room before walking outside in the direction of the kitchen. Trucks came into view and then Leah, about to fall over with a large box in her hands.

"Woah!" I quickly ran over to her just as she was about to fall, taking the box out of her hands. Her cheeks were slightly red as she looked up at me with a shy smile.

"Thank you." I smiled down at her.

I set the box down a few steps closer to the door for the kitchen. "No problem." I turned around. "Why are you doing this alone? Shouldn't somebody be with you?"

"They had to go somewhere," she said, rubbing her arm. Go somewhere? People don't just 'go somewhere'. I would ask her to elaborate, but I doubt she would know anything.

"Well then," she looked at me, "do you want any help?" She looked at all of the boxes in the trucks then back at me.

"Yes please."

So we agreed that I would take the bigger boxes and she would take the smaller ones because we didn't want her to have bed rest again. That's already happened way too many times.

Time passed quickly as we talked and carried boxes, and before we knew it, we only had a few more boxes to go.

"Leah?"

She peeked above her tall box. "Yeah?"

"You know that there's another celebration, right?"

She put her box down and turned to me. "Yeah, Theo told me."