Chapter 37

Hello everyone! I hope you all have had a good day, and sorry I haven't updated in a while. Please let me know what you all think of the chapters, and have an awesome day!
Enjoy!

Warning: mature language and violence

Vlado POV

When Romero came over just as I was about to kiss Leah, it was easy to say that I was pissed off.

But what he said to me boiled my blood.

Somebody had somehow gotten in. Somebody who wasn't supposed to be in here.

Good thing I had so many people on guard because he got caught and taken to the basement before anything happened. But according to Romero, he was just standing there when he was found.

So why the fuck did he bother being here in the first place if he wasn't going to do anything?

My footsteps echoed as I walked down the stairs, Romero following behind me. My mind was running in circles.

Why was he here?

How did he get in?

What was he trying to do?

Who was he?

I could answer one of those questions so far, and that was the how.

There was a chance that we didn't recognise him from any other locations, since we were busy shooting guns.

I didn't need to tell Romero to take me over to the man because he sat tied to a chair in the middle of the room.

I smiled inwardly as I strode up to the man. He heard my footsteps and looked up, offering a sadistic grin. My hands clenched into fists, nails digging into my skin.

Just as he opened his mouth, my fist met his jaw and he fell backward on the chair. He turned his head to the side and spat out a mouthful of blood. Romero quickly and firmly pulled him back up, not wasting a second to stand back behind me.

I didn't say anything, and Romero spoke up. "Rowan talked to him before I told you. He didn't get anything though."

I looked over my shoulder at him. "You didn't tell me straight away."

He swallowed. "No."

"Why not."

"Rowan wanted to get something out of him before I told you. He was sure he would get something good to tell you. A name. A location. Something."

I almost scoffed. Rowan in charge of Romero? My number two? How the fuck did that happen?

I looked back at the bloodied face guy tied to the chair. "I'll talk to you about this later."

"Aww," the man - I'll call him Douchebag - pouted, "no! I want to see what happens! Will he forgive him? Will he not? It's a really tou-"

His head whipped to the side when I punched him again, but he just looked back at me with a smile.

"If you want to get out of here, you will tell me everything you know."

"Aw, that's sweet. So you won't kill me?"

I bent down to his eye level. "I said get out of here; it doesn't mean that you would be breathing."

The next half hour was irritating, to say the least. Douchebag would not stop trying to make comments on everything. I wanted to stab him right there, but I needed some sort of new information.

After that, I will kill him with my own hands. No weapons needed.

But that wouldn't stop me from using them now.

"I don't have time for this," I said and turned to Romero, giving him the bloody knife. "I have to find Leah and get her somewhere safe."

Douchebag laughed, and we turned around. "Oh, you don't need to worry about that." My eyes narrowed. "She'll be taken care of."

My brain whirred. "What does that mean."

"It means that somebody else will be taking far better care of her." He smiled again, but it held so much more meaning now. "So you don't need to worry about her."

My hands clenched and every warning, every trigger in my mind was flashing.

"Vlado," Romero warned, "don't react. Just go find Leah."

I wanted to look for her. But I just couldn't help myself.

"What do you mean about 'someone else will be taking care of her'." I took a step closer and his smile grew.

"It means that you've already lost her." He leaned towards me against his ties. "Why would she want to be with somebody like you?" Closer. "A murderer?"

"Answer the fucking question." I grabbed the collar of his tattered and bloodied shirt and pulled him up. The chair hovered above the ground.

He just laughed. "Oh, Vlado. You've lost your touch. You used to be much more threatening, and now..." He looked me up and down. "All hung up on a girl who is somebody else's."

I dropped him. He landed on the hard ground, hitting his head as his chair fell over again.

I turned to Romero. "Find Leah. Get somebody to round up Mary and Amelia as well." I tucked in my shirt, ignoring the bloodstains it left. "And get someone to clean this mess up."

He stood there for a second too long. "Well fucking hurry up!"

That got him moving.

As soon as he was out of sight, I took a deep breath and ran my hands through my hair. What was all of that? Who is coming after Leah? And she has a boyfriend?

Obviously, not important.

I paused. What am I doing?

I'm seriously worrying about Leah having a boyfriend instead of looking for her when she is in danger.

I raced up the stairs.

I've waited too long to talk to Leah. If I want to keep her safe, I need to tell her everything.