no thank you, i like girls

new year new me so here's a new chapter as well??? (ps im sorry)

"Where the fuck were you?" Claude yelled as soon as Debbie walked through the door.

"I ran into Lou last night so we went to a party and then I slept over. What's the big deal?" Debbie asked.

"What do you mean what's the big deal?! You weren't answering my calls, I thought you were dead."

"Oh get over it, you gave up on calling after 5 minutes."

"And what the hell did you do with your hair?" He seemed genuinely angry and Debbie didn't understand why. She was a grown adult and she can do whatever she wants, he's not her parent after all.

"Lou and I got haircuts." She threw her hair around smiling. "You like it?"

"It's okay. But your old hairstyle was better." Debbie's smile faded even though she couldn't care less about what he had to say and she just went to the bedroom and closed the doors.

She took her phone and texted Lou.

Debbie: Wanna get married tonight?

Lou: What? Are you drunk?

Debbie: Well we do have the hair and make up, so why let it go to waste?

Lou: Deborah, why the sudden change of mind?

Debbie: Spite.

Lou felt her heart drop. She didn't understand why she felt that, but she suspected it had something to do with how being around Debbie lately made her feel.

Lou: Go sleep.

Debbie: He doesn't like my hair.

Lou: I like your hair.

Debbie: Thank you. Fuck men.

Lou: No, thank you. I like girls.

Debbie froze for a second. She didn't know how to process this information, actually, she didn't know there was anything to process, but there was. Lou liked girls and for six years of working for her, Debbie didn't know that. Maybe she wasn't that good of an employee as she thought she was. She would've known if she was, right? She dialed Lou's number because the number of questions she had couldn't be answered through texts.

"How did I not know that?" Debbie asked as soon as Lou answered the phone.

"Well hello to you too." Debbie rolled her eyes at this. "Know what?" Lou asked knowing very well what she was asked about but she just wanted to tease Debbie.

"That you were... into girls." Debbie said carefully and almost whispering as if she was saying something illegal that Claude could hear.

"I don't parade my partners around the office so I guess that would have something to do with it. But I thought it was very obvious. I mean I did ask you to marry me and not some guy from the office." 

"That's fair I guess." 

"Go to sleep now, Deborah."

"Stop calling me that." Debbie hated when people called her that and Lou knew it, but she also loved calling her that just to tease her a little.

"Goodnight, Deborah!" Lou said laughing and she could hear Debbie sigh as she imagined her rolling her eyes on the other side of the phone. 

"Goodnight, Lou."