listen missy

"Miss Miller, we need you in the creative room as soon as possible." One of the staff told her.

"Whatever it is it can wait, John. I have to deal with something." She said grabbing her bag and leaving.

Few moments before that she got a text from her lawyer that kind of shaken her. Lou was on her way to her lawyer's office when she saw Debbie sitting on the stairs outside her company. She looked at her and went past her. But something made her turn around.

"You were good in there." She said. "Ever thought about being an actress, it was really dramatic." Debbie just looked at her and looked away. "I expect you'll be here tomorrow morning ready to help me with ideas for my new collection, right?"

"Wait, what?!" Debbie said confused. "What part of me being done with this place you didn't understand?"

"Listen missy, you are the one of the rare ones that has stuck with me for longer than two days, and I'm not letting you leave that easily. So you better get your shit together because if you want me to help you make it in this industry it's gonna be harder than just getting me perfectly hot coffee." Debbie rolled her eyes.

"I don't think anything is harder than that."

"Oh whatever. Now are you coming with me or what? I have to deal with some stuff with my lawyer, he says it's urgent."

It took Debbie some time to process what was happening but she finally replied. "Um, yes, alright."

The drive to Lou's lawyer was spent in awkward silence except when Debbie decided to ask Lou something.

"If I were you I would have fired me before I even had a chance to quit, why didn't you?"

"With time you'll realize to appreciate people around you. It may not seem like I do, but trust me, I do. And all you have done for me hasn't gone unnoticed, but I just didn't feel like you were ready for the next step in the business but now I do. And yes I may seem like an ice queen but it is the only way to keep this place from becoming a big mess." 

Debbie didn't know what to say. She never saw Lou like this. She never even talked to her unless she needed something. But she liked this Lou. She was less of a crazy mean witch bitch and more of a normal boss, if normal bosses even existed.

"Well I guess I should have more temper tantrums then."

"Oh no, if you do that again, you'll really get fired." Lou winked. Debbie felt something but she quickly just looked out the window.

The rest of the ride they spent in silence.