paper clip

"Lewis, what do you mean they're going to deport me?!" 

"You violated some terms of your visa.."

"Violated my ass. Bullshit that's absolutely untrue. What can we do to stop this?" Lou said while Debbie sat in a chair next to her listening closely to what was happening.

"You can go home and pack your bags and leave. You'll be able to come back as soon as we figure out how to get your visa back."

"I'm not going anywhere."

"Lou, calm down."

"Don't you dare tell me to calm down! Fix this!" Lou yelled at poor Lewis. She grabbed her bag and stormed out the door. Debbie just sat there shocked.

"Deborah! Let's go!" She heard Lou yell from the hallway.

"Goodbye, Mister... Um.. Lewis?" Debbie said gathering all her things and leaving office to catch up with Lou.

"You're not from London?" Debbie was confused.

"No. I'm from Australia." Lou responded as if it was an obvious thing.

"So what are you gonna do now?" Debbie asked.

"I'm gonna put Christine in charge and run everything from Sydney until I can get back."

"Christine's pregnant. And getting married. So I don't think she'll be back to the company any time soon." And in that moment Lou got an idea.

She pulled Debbie in an empty office and locked the door. She looked for something on the desk.

"May I ask... what are you doing?" Debbie just stood at the door quite confused while Lou was doing something with a paper clip.

"Nope." Lou replied still struggling with the paperclip. "Okay, so..." She walked back to Debbie getting down on one knee.

"Will you marry me?" Lou held out ring she made from paper clip and Debbie looked at her as if she was insane.

"What?! Are you crazy?"

"No, I'm not. That's the only way I get to stay here. Please, please, please help me." Lou sounded desperate.

"I have a boyfriend." Debbie said trying to get out of this. For a second Lou felt like something hit her in the chest.

"That dumbass that once came to pick you up?"

"Claude is not a dumbass!" Debbie defended her boyfriend.

"Oh come on, he doesn't even have to know. We'll get married, get me back my visa, and get a divorce. Easy as that."

"Let me in my office!" Someone banged on the office door.

"Just a minute!" Lou yelled back at them. "So.. what do you say?" She looked at Debbie.

"I don't know... I'll have to think about it."

"Just don't think to long. I might be deported any time."

"You got ten seconds or I'm calling the security!" The voice on the other end of the door yelled.

"Oh, shut up!" Lou said leaving the office. She turned around throwing the paper clip ring at Debbie for her to catch it. "Let me know by midnight."