Chapter 15: Helpless

Y/N let out a small whine as he opened his eyes. He couldn't move, his ribs were broken and his back felt the same. The bones in his right arm had been shattered, he's never been in this much pain before, not even in the lab. 

The lab. Never once in his short six years of life had he wished he could be back in that place. But if the pain Y/N was feeling was something being free from that place would cost, then he wanted to go back to that place. He wanted to go back so bad. 

Back to that mean man Yahune. Back to them cutting him open. Back to them making him overuse his commands. Back to not feeling an ounce of love day after day. 

But he wanted Aizawa and Chelsea more than anything else.

"Awww he's awake" Toga cooed as she looked at Y/N, who was laying on the bar table, a pillow under his head. Y/N let his eyes drift towards her, a glint of fear in his gaze. 

"I don't even know why you brought him here, he looks like crap too. What the hell happened to him anyway?" Shigaraki grumbled, moving to stand next to the boy as well. 

"He fell out of the sky! That must be where babies come from" Twice answered. 

"That muscle bastard targeted him over anyone on your kill list apparently" Dabi shrugged, shoving Toga away when she went to touch Y/N's broken arm. 

"That's unfortunate, there's no reason to cause harm on a child" Kurogiri said, looking over his injuries. 

"He needs a doctor you bastards!" Bakugou yelled from the seat he was locked on. He struggled in his bindings, wanting to get Y/N away from the villains as quickly as possible. 

Y/N heard the familiar voice and tilted his head back immediately, as if he wanted to make sure his mind wasn't playing a mean prank on him. Y/N locked eyes with Bakugou, he weakly lifted his good arm towards the blonde, making grabby hands towards him. 

"It's alright kid, you're safe here" Dabi said with a smirk, looking down at the child. Y/N took in a pained breath, it was getting harder and harder to breathe. His wounds were fatal, and he wouldn't last much longer. It couldn't get a single word out either. Helping Midoriya with the Muscular fight messed up his voice badly, it would be a miracle if he could get a single command out at all. 

"He needs a hospital immediately, I can't treat these kinds of wounds" Kurogiri said, agreeing with Bakugou's earlier statement. 

"He'll reveal our location" Spinner pointed out, leaning against the counter. 

"He's like, 3" Dabi said with an eye roll. 

"I say we save ourselves then trouble and just put him out of his misery" Shigaraki offered. 

"I'll kill all of you! You hear me?! Lay a single finger on him and I'll make you regret even being born!" Bakugou threatened, struggling even more. 

"Now Tomura, Dabi said he only brought him because he found the child in the woods during the attack. There's no harm in helping a defenseless child" Kurogiri said, walking over and carefully lifting Y/N off the table. 

Y/N let out a pained whimper from the shift of his position, shutting his eyes as he held back his tears. Kurogiri whispered a small apology before setting him down on the couch. 

Y/N kept his eyes closed as he drifted off to a painless sleep, his breaths coming out uneven. 

~🍙~

"What do you mean there's still not a clue where they are?" Aizawa asked in an annoyed voice. He had dark bags under his eyes, he couldn't get an ounce of sleep ever since the attack. 

"We're trying all we could. Your students said the girl named Yaoyorozu may have had a way to locate them, but with her still being unconscious, we have to be patient" the officer explained with a sorrowful expression. 

"You want us to wait?! What kind of sorry-" Aizawa started but a hand on his shoulder stopped him. 

"Shota, you have to calm down. You know they're doing everything they can" Yamada interjected, looking at his friend with a pleading expression. 

Aizawa grit his teeth before tilting his head down, letting the officer leave. 

"I couldn't save him" Aizawa finally muttered after a few beats of silence. 

"There was nothing you could do man. You should go home and get some sleep, make sure you eat something too" Yamada sighed. Aizawa didn't say anything back, and just left the hospital, walking towards his car. 

He had to get home and feed Chelsea anyway. The drive was silent, he kept unconsciously looking back to check on Y/N, which would lead to disappointment time and time again.

He put the car in park right outside of his house, slowly stepping out and walking towards his dark house. It was gloomy ever since Y/N was taken away, and Aizawa wasn't used to being without him. 

Aizawa unlocked his door and stepped in, seeing Chelsea sitting there in the kitchen. Chelsea stood up and walked over, looking past Aizawa so she could greet her companion. 

"Not today either" Aizawa managed to get out, kneeling down to pet his cat. Chelsea allowed him to do so, sitting down with her ears drooping back a little. She too missed the child. 

Aizawa stood up and prepared Chelsea's food in the kitchen, placing it on the floor once he was done. Chelsea turned her head, not wanting to eat that day either. Neither did Aizawa. 

He sighed and walked down the hall, looking at the artwork Y/N did along his walls. Aizawa couldn't bring himself to scrub the pictures away, especially the one of him, Y/N, and Chelsea all sitting together. The day Y/N saw Aizawa as his dad rather than just a caretaker. 

Aizawa's eyes scanned the picture, grazing his hand over Y/N's picture longingly. 

He didn't know he would be this emotionally dejected by Y/N's kidnapping.

But without the little trouble maker at his side, he couldn't help but feel absolutely helpless.