Chapter 28: A Strange Encounter

"Look what I drew" Yuji said proudly, pointing to the sandbox. 

"If it's a penis again I swear to All Might-" Megumi said, putting his hand up in a pause motion. 

"It's not I swear!" Yuji yelled, before grabbing Y/N's hand and dragging the confused boy to the sandbox. 

"Hey! You ripoff potato head! Careful with him!" Nobara yelled from the swing set, an irk mark appearing on her forehead.

"So RUDE!" Yuji shouted back while Kota and Eri covered their ears. 

"Idiots" Kota mumbled. Y/N looked at Yuji's creation, it was just a drawing of a turtle with its tongue sticking out. "You like it?" Yuji asked. 👉👈

"Salmon!" Y/N agreed, closing his eyes from smiling under his navy blue scarf. 

"What are kids like you doing alone in a park?" 

The kids all turned their attention towards a man in a big jacket, who was just a few feet away from them. 

"What's a grown ass man doing all alone in a park?" Nobara sassed back. Getting off her swing and standing with her group.

"Nobara-!" Eri gasped. 

"What? It's just a question" Nobara replied, not stepping down from the stranger. 

"We're not alone, our garbage man is close by" Yuji said. 

"Don't you mean guardian?" Megumi whispered. 

"I know what I said" Yuji dismissed, blushing from embarrassment. 

"And you, you don't happen to be Y/N Inumaki right?" The man questioned, kneeling down in front of the silent boy. 

"Okaka" Y/N denied, his arms crossed while Yuji and Nobara both stuck their tongues out at the stranger. 

"Stop being a creepy old man!" Nobara yelled, stomping her foot on the ground with her arms crossed. 

Megumi noticed how the man looked at Y/N, and he slowly narrowed his eyes. 

"I wouldn't if I were you" Megumi spoke up, making everyone look at him in confusion before he continued talking. 

"We're here with the strongest afterall." 

"Yo! What did I miss?" Gojo asked, walking over with a bunch of ice cream. He had left for a few minutes to chase after an ice cream truck so he could treat the kids. 

"This guy is being a weirdo!" Nobara and Yuji yelled in unison, pointing to the man. 

"Salmon!" Y/N agreed, a determined look gleaming in his eyes. 

"Is that right?" Gojo asked, before looking at the man with a smirk on his face. "And is there anything you wanted from these precious children?" 

"Oh no, I was simply making sure these kids had supervision. That's all." 

"Uh-huh. You better run along now, before I throw some dirt in your eyes." 

The man simply bowed before moving along, not before glancing at Y/N. Gojo watched the man leave, handing out the ice creams to the kids before motioning them to follow him. 

He would definitely have to look into that. 

~🍙~

"A strange man?" Shiyuna questioned, holding the sleeping Y/N in her arms. Gojo had dropped off the boy from the play date and immediately mentioned the man from the park. 

"Yup! The kiddos won't let up about how creepy he was being to them" Gojo said. 

"I see. Thank you for informing me, Gojo" Shiyuna smiled, before the man took his leave. Shiyuna sighed sadly and look down at her son, Joaan looking up from where he laid on the ground in the living room. 

"Will we ever be free from the past?" Shiyuna whispered, kissing Y/N's cheek and walking to his room. 

~🍙~

"It was him alright" a man said, sitting down after removing his coat. 

"The boy, I wonder whose care he's in." 

"It doesn't matter, we need to get the kid. Finishing Yahune's work is a top priority." 

"But think about it. Is he's not in the possession of a hero, then there's a possibility he's in the care of a relative." 

"And your point is?" 

"Is he's in the possession of a relative, there's a possibility the heroes tracked down another user of the speech quirk." 

"..I see, so the heroes might have done most of the work for us." 

~🍙~

Y/N looked on in worry as he held his backpack straps tightly. Eri was crying as a boy teased her for her horn. Kota was having his own trouble with another boy, while his other three friends weren't at school just yet. 

Y/N contemplated waiting for the other three, they were always the brave ones, while Y/N was never in this situation before. His mother finally let him go to school, and it wasn't going so good. 

"And what about that other kid huh?! Why's he wearing such a stupid scarf over his mouth?!" The boy yelled, pushing Kota away. Kota grit his teeth in anger, glaring at the taller boy. 

"Your horn looks ugly" the other boy laughed, making Eri look down as she clutched her skirt. Y/N clenched his fists as he glared at the two bullies. 

One more shove from the two had Y/N running to one of the boys. He lifted his leg before slamming it on the boys no no square, making him fall to the floor. 

"Huh?! You stupid-" the other boy growled. Yuji came out of nowhere and punched the other bully in the face, making him cry.  

"Get lost you little trolls" Nobara spat out, holding Eri's hand. 

"Don't tell on us either, or you'll be taddletales" Megumi said with narrowed eyes. 

Y/N hugged Eri and Kota, and they both tapped his head softly. 

"It's okay Y/N, not everyone is mean like this I promise" Eri said. The others nodded in agreement, before leading the way towards the classroom. 

Y/N chose to ignore the teacher to avoid introductions and followed Yuji when the boy said he knew where the extra seat was. Y/N sat down next to a boy with black hair, who looked as shy as he did. 

"H-Hi. I'm Yuta Okkotsu" the boy said nervously, smiling a little at the h/c haired boy. 

It was the start of something new, and Y/N was already making new friends.