Chapter 11

Neo pulled into the Sailor Mate's car park. The pub was one of the oldest buildings in Marton, built at the same time as Felton Manor. It was a brick building with big bay windows in the front and a small garden at the back. He'd spend many an afternoon enjoying their Sunday lunch or playing out the back with his kids.

Never did he think he'd be there to ask for security footage.

It wasn't that he didn't trust Willow or Charlie's word, but more that he wanted to reassure himself that nothing had really happened.

He ducked underneath the door and went straight to the bar where Rob was already moving about.

Back in the day, the pub had been the locals spot. Not open until 1pm it would cater to drinkers till 2am the next day but times had changed. Out with the day drinkers and in with the mother and baby classes, the local WI, and community council. They now catered for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as a selection of cakes and coffees.

Considering they were one of the few places that served the really good stuff when it came to coffee, the locals flocked there. No Starbucks or cafe Nero in Marton. So the Sailor's Mate was the best place around.

'Morning Chief, can I get you the regular?' Rob was already walking over to their state of the art coffee maker, a stainless steel contraption that had more levers and taps than a Japanese toilet.

'Aye Rob, and I have something else to ask you.' Neo propped an elbow on the counter as Rob fiddled with his machine.

'Oh? And what is it going to cost me?' Rob looked over his shoulder as he frothed the milk.

'Nothing.'

Rob huffed, not believing him. He poured the coffee into a cup and set it in front of Neo.

'£1.40.'

Neo tapped his card against the reader, hearing the beep.

'So what do you need?' Rob leaned forward, intrigued.

'I need to know if you have CCTV showing the green?' Neo thumbed in the direction of the door.

Rob scratched his head. 'The camera on the door might have caught something.' He stopped, peering at Neo. 'This wouldn't have anything to do with the family that's gone missing?'

Neo wanted to groan. That was the only problem with coming to Rob; if there was any gossip to wheedle out of someone, Rob would find it and no doubt the whole town would know before lunch. But it was a risk that Neo was willing to take.

'You know I can't discuss such matters, but no.' Neo watched as the excitement in Rob's eyes died.

Rob sighed, no longer interested now that his main source of gossip had run dry. 'How much do you need?'

'Whatever you've got from about 8pm last night until 9am this morning,' Neo replied.

'Sure, sure,' Rob agreed, shuffling off.