Chapter-5

Enjoy reading!!

***************************************************************************************

Author's POV

"TUM!"

Aarav looked at Meera, with all the emotions like guilt, happiness, pain and love in his eyes. Yep, love, the love a friend has for a friend, the love that is above everything else in this world. He couldn't tell her how happy he was to see her, after all she wasn't just his friend, but his brother's sole reason of existence and happiness and maybe, just maybe the person who would bring all his memories back. He somewhere now knew, the duo were destined and no one can separate them if the almighty has brought them back face-to-face after so many years. Now, he can't wait for the day, he would get to dance in his brother's wedding and see them getting married. But he halted his thought process knowing he was going way ahead.

He smiled at her,

"Meera! I can't tell how happy I am to see you. Where were you bud? We all were so tensed."

He didn't leave a second and embraced her tightly, but she just stood there like a statue not reciprocating his gesture even a bit. Aarav sighed noticing this, he moved back and asked again,

"Kesi ho?"

She just stood there, and looked at him with certain emotions visible in her eyes, pain, complaints, hurt and a question that why he supported Ansh all those years back. She passed him a small sad smile,

"Tumhe nahi lagta ye puchne ka right tum kho chuke ho."

He looked down ashamed, and mumbled,

"I am really sorry Meera, trust me when I say, last five years I have been in guilt ki mene Ansh ke sath milke tumhari life spoil kardi."

She scoffed,

"Kya fayda iss sabka Aarav, tumse to main complaint bhi nahi kar sakti. You supported your brother, tumne mujhme or Ansh mein Ansh ko choose kiya. Then there's no point of feeling guilty now. The one who should be guilty, doesn't even have an ounce of it in him. Rather he is in there, happily roaming around and pretending to be a stranger when he ruined my life."

Aarav tried to speak when she again said,

"You don't need to be sorry, when your brother isn't."

Aarav closed his eyes in pain, Meera turned around and was going to walk away when the former stopped her with his words,

"Ansh would have been sorry, agar usse kuch yaad hota."

Meera gave him a confused look,

"Kehna kya chahte ho Aarav, saaf saaf bolo."

He took a deep breath and said,

"Meera, jo bhi kuch Ansh or tumhare beech hua usse kuch yaad nahi, in fact usse hamari college life tak yaad nahi. He has partial amnesia."

If she was shocked she didn't let it show on her face, she was just standing there when he nodded and said,

"When you left all of sudden, leaving a letter behind for him, he was heartbroken Meera." She scoffed hearing that, looking the other side. Aarav didn't react knowing even if she believes all the other things, she won't believe this part. "I know tum believe nahi karogi, but this is the truth meera, Ansh was devastated. Uss raat he drank a lot, vo bahot nashe mein tha. Me and Tanay tried to control him, but he left with his car. And....and..."

He felt it difficult to remember that night, where his brother was found clad in blood in middle of the road, he said, "His car collided with a truck."