Speed VS Force

(U/N) POV

I just fist bumped Liz, and I continued walking out of the arena.

I walk to the grandstands and use a tracker to find my friends. I walk over to them as the fight between Liz and Asuna is about to start.

"Good match," Punisher tells me

"Yea, it was a little tricky," I mutter

"Please! Don't be modest, it was a catwalk for you" Jam says encouragingly

"No, I'm serious, he was a good foe. He also was a fucking creep, calling Liz a "divine goddess". I teased him a little of course, but she's mine" I say

"Yea, he seemed pissed off the last few moments before you sent his ass across the arena" Qweep say in laughing a little

"That I did," I say sitting down as the fight starts. As expected Asuna gets a much better launch then Liz at the start.

Asuna starts to send a fury of thrusts toward Liz, the attacks are very quick and they live up to Asuna's nickname.

Liz responds by dropping to the ground, this causes Asuna's attacks to be useless because they are hitting thin air.

When Asuna's attack finishes, she is blindsided by Liz who uppercuts Asuna with her leg as she flips to get back on her feet. Asuna is stunned by the attack and Liz goes to attack with her sword.

Due to being slower, Liz's sword misses Asuna, and Asuna starts an attack of her own.

This time Liz is pinned down due to having to finish the skill she started. Asuna strikes Liz a number of times before Liz finally breaks through using brute force.

Now it's Asuna who is burdened from a cooldown time....and Liz is in just the right position to start her most powerful skill. Liz heaves her sword above her head, from there it starts glowing a bright blue.

Then in a slash, Asuna's health is in the yellow and Liz has won. Liz holds her hand out to a defeated, yet joyful, Asuna. They both walk out of the arena as Kirito and Heathcliff enter.

I can see Heathcliff's cold stare on Asuna, as he turns to Kirito, he becomes more joyful.

They start duking it out, as I go to greet Asuna and Liz, I'm sure Kirito has this in the bag.

I walk into the room that I was in when I was waiting for my battle. I could see Liz and Asuna looking at the battle with shocked faces. I make a confused look and I look where the two girls are looking at. I see that Kirito was in the yellow and Heathcliff stood the victor.

"How the hell did that happen?" I ask bewildered

Asuna looks at me with wild eyes and I see the reason. Heathcliff is signalling for us to renter the arena.

"What do we do?" Asuna asks

"Enter," I say plainly

We walk to Heathcliff until he is within hearing distance.

"I seem to have defeated Kirito, but the team to free Asuna seems to have more victories. However, that last match wasn't a match at all. Asuna I know that you were holding back, we all know you could wipe the floor with this poor lonely girl" Heathcliff provokes us

"Excuse me," I say pissed off

"I swear I wasn't holding back!" Asuna rebels

"You were, trust me, I know you were, how about this, if these two can beat me, then you can leave," Heathcliff says referring to me and Liz.

"Accepted" Liz says with a face full of anger.

"Ok...Asuna when this is all over please remind Kirito to get one of our uniforms," Heathcliff says

"Wait what?" I ask

"They didn't tell you? if the team loses he had to join the Knights of the Blood Oath, but of course, if you can beat me he can stay as is," Heathcliff says as he sends me and Liz a duel invite.

"Your death wish," I say pissed off.

As the timer hit zero, I start a new skill I had been working on, I call it Rumble.

By far Rumble is my fastest skill. It gets its name from the earth-shattering rumble it makes has I cut through the air. It's so quick, I literally crash all the air particles into each other, and thats what causes the rumble.

I appear before Heathcliff in nanoseconds, all I need is my blade to touch him. Just one touch of my sword will kill anyone below level 60 in a flash. Heathcliff should be ok, just barely.

As my sword gets closer and closer, his shield suddenly appears and blocks the attack.

It deflects my sword and with nowhere else to go I see an agonizing sight. With all the power and speed I had in that attack, it needs to go somewhere.

Like a bow that gets shot without an arrow, my arms tear themselves apart. I'm now flying across the arena, watching my arms and my sword slowly get farther and farther away.

I hit the ground hard, and my shoulder digs into the ground, and I start to do barrel rolls as I pick up dust.

Finally, I meet the wall and the end of the arena, I hit it hard. My health is in the red, and I can see Liz's scared face.

Damn it, what the hell was that? Did the same thing happen to Kirito?

I watch Liz charge Heathcliff, but when she got in range, he slammed his shield across Liz's face hard. She was knocked to ground and a banner saying that Heathcliff is the winner appeared.

I'm sorry Asuna, he took me by surprise. I lay there unable to move until my arms appear back on me.

We failed, I couldn't even put up a fight.