Part 3

Ebony POV

We spent the rest of the day mainly indoors. It was boring but at least Granger, Lavender and Parvati were out of the dorm. Bella was down in the common room for most of the day. I went down occasionally to talk to Fred and George but the remainder of my day was spent in my dorm. I was trying to figure out how to word the letter I was sending to Lucius. Bella and I had never had our own brooms, they were always Draco or Ally's old ones, but we couldn't keep using the school's brooms, they weren't very good.

'Dear Uncle Lucius,

First of all, how are you? I hope you're doing well. I noticed that Draco and Ally are on the Slytherin Quidditch team. I also noticed that they have the new Nimbus Two Thousand and Ones. I'm not asking for a broom that is as good as that. In fact, I don't care if it is the worst broom there is as long as it's new. It's just that, Bella and I need new brooms because we both made it onto the Gryffindor Quidditch team. At the moment we have to use the schools old ones, they are terrible! If you would please send a reply to this as soon as possible that would be fantastic.

Thank you,

your loving niece,

Ebony Lestrange'

I read the letter over again, it looked polite enough. I signed the letter and then stuffed it into an envelope, writing the address on the other side. I quickly stole out of the dorm into the busy common room. I made sure no one spotted me as I crept out of the common room. I walked down the hallways, not making eye contact with anyone. I made my way to the owlery without any run-ins. I gave the letter to Achilles and then left, hoping no one saw me.

"Lestrange!" I heard a voice say. I turned to see Elisa Stewardson standing there, "Ebony is it?" she asked,

"Yes," I replied.

"Fantastic!" Stewardson yelled, "Where's your sister?"

"Probably in the common room," I returned, unfazed, "Why?"

"Just wondering," she checked her nails, "So you have no one to protect you?"

"Uh..." I started,

"Fantastic!" she grinned, "This'll be fun,"

"I would engage in a battle of wits with you, but I swore to never attack someone that is unarmed," I rolled my eyes and started to walk off before she grabbed my arm. I pulled it out of her reach.

"Look out!" Stewardson laughed, "Lestrange is angry!"

"Look, I'm busy right now, so can I ignore you some other time?" I asked,

"You can't ignore me," she grinned,

"Merlin!" I sighed, "Do you ever stop talking?" She looked angry.

"You should have never come to Hogwarts!" she spat, "You're a disgrace to wizards everywhere,"

"And you're not?" I asked. She swung at me, I dodged quickly, she swung again and I did the same thing, "Your fighting is as bad as your vocabulary!" I sighed,

"Whats a vocabulary?!" Stewardson asked, puzzled,

"Thank you," I replied,

"For what?" she still looked confused,

"For proving my point!" I cheered as if I had already won the fight. She ran at me, I stepped aside and kicked her in the ass. She turned around and punched me hard in the jaw, "Now you've done it!" I yelled. I punched her in the gut and then stepped on her toe. A small crowd of students that were outside had formed around the two of us. She tried to kick me but I caught her leg and flipped her over. She landed on the ground with a thump. The crowd cheered, Stewardson stood up again, "You never learn, do you?!" I sighed. She came at me again, she managed to punch me in the jaw again, making my mouth bleed. I spat the blood out and kicked her in the face, cutting her eyebrow and making blood trickle down the side of her face.