Part 5

Ebony POV

-- BEFORE DINNER --

I quickly ran to the library hoping to get some study in before dinner. I found a table in the corner of the library. I dumped my bags at my feet and opened my charms book. Hermoine ran up to me, gasping for breath,

"I heard some of the other students say-" Hermoine started,

"Say what?" I asked, eyeing the people I could see,

"If you'll let me finish," she sighed, "They think you're the heir of Slytherin," My eyes widened,

"But I'm not even in Slytherin!" I rolled my eyes, 

"That's what I said, but they didn't care," Hermoine groaned, "Are you coming to the duelling club tonight?" she asked,

"Of course!" I replied,

"See you then," Hermoine smiled and then left. I studied for a few minutes before I heard voices on the other side of the bookcase. 

"And then she kicked me!" said the voice,

"Ebony did that?!" said another voice.

"Yes," said the first, "I was just sitting there!"

"That's ridiculous!" said a third. I had had enough. I stood up and, making sure I had my wand up my sleeve, went around the bookcase. I found Elisa Stewardson and two others sitting at a desk.

"It's so ridiculous, it's a lie!" I scoffed, rolling my eyes. I noticed that Elisa's eyebrow had stitches.

"Ebony!" Elisa's face went white,

"Don't call me that," I replied, "Who are your friends?"

"I'm Elanor, Elanor Wilson," said the second girl,

"And you?" I glanced at the third,

"I... have nothing to do with them!" said the third girl. She got up and bolted past me.

"So," I turned back to the other girls, "I heard you've been spreading lies," 

"Where'd you hear that?" Stewardson asked,

"Just know," I rolled my eyes, "I was on the other side of the bookcase, the library isn't the best place to gossip," 

"Ebony?" said a voice behind me. I turned, it was Bella.

"Belle!" she moved beside me and stared at the two girls, "You've met Stewardson, this is her friend, Elanor Wilson,"

"I can't believe you have friends!" Bella laughed at Stewardson and then turned to me, "Why are you talking to them?" 

"Stewardson here was spreading nasty rumours about me," I told her, Bella nodded. 

"Look, I'm not a muggle-born," said Stewardson, "And neither is Elanor, so don't attack us!"

"What?" I looked at her confused and then realised, "Oh, so you're one of the dullards that believe I'm the heir of Slytherin," I laughed at her,

"Dunderheads! They think you're the heir of Slytherin!" Bella gasped, "You're not even in Slytherin," 

"Some people think Bella's the heir," Wilson said, matter-of-factly.

"I'm not in Slytherin!" Bella laughed, "How are people so stupid!?" Wilson and Stewardson suddenly went very pale and turned back to the books that were on the desk. We turned, Uncle Severus was standing there. He grabbed our shoulders and took us down to his office.

"What were you doing with Miss Stewardson?" he asked, furious, "McGonagall could've seen you!"

"She was spreading lies about me, Uncle," I said innocently,