31- I am ready

Namjoon slumped on his chair in frustration, messing his hair in irritation.

Weeks...it had been weeks.

It had been weeks he thought about Emily, it had been weeks her face last appeared in his mind, it had been weeks he hadn't felt anything but today's incident somehow brought back the memory which was like salt that had been constantly rubbing on his wounds never letting him heal completely but today? yes everything reminded him of the past but it didn't hurt like it did in the past.

Were his wounds healed? Because the salt can only burn unhealed wounds.

He took out the photo that had been resting in the same drawer for years, from time to time he would just open the drawer and take a glance of it before shutting it back again.

What is this? Why does seeing your face not affect me anymore? Why can't I feel any pain, why am I not angry? How come my cheeks are dry even after staring at you for so long.

Am ..am I ready now?

Flashback-

"Hyung, where is the file I can't find!" Taehyung whined searching through all the files that were kept on his table.

"It must be there only Tae, check the drawers. I think I might have placed it there" Namjoon suggested from the other side of the phone.

Taehyung opened the left drawer first but it only had some random papers and pens and useless stuff then he went to the right drawer and the moment he opened his eyes caught a red file.

"Hyung, does it say park resort?" He asks for confirmation.

"Yah yah Taehyung Ah it's one, bring fast. My flight is in less than an hour"

"Okk hyung don't worry I will reach on time" Taehyung cut the call.

Just when he was about to close the drawer his eyes fell on a photo, he couldn't see it clearly since there was a paper above it so he picked the photo and it was not something he expected and oh boy he was not at all pleased to see that.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Taehyung reached the airport just on time and delivered the file, since Namjoon was in a hurry he didn't bring up anything.

"Hyung, can we meet in the afternoon? At your place?" He asks.

Namjoon was going to a nearby city and he was supposed to return by afternoon.

"Yeah sure, I will text you after I land"

Namjoon bid bye and left.

.

.

.

.

.

.

It was hours later, Taehyung was in his cabin when he received a text from Namjoon saying he had reached home.

Taehyung immediately left since he had no more appointments left.

.

.

.

"Thank you so much Taehyung-ah, without you I would really be in trouble" Namjoon chuckled thinking about the little panic attack he got the moment he realised he didn't have the necessary file and there was no way he could go back and fetch the file.