37- Two inner demons

Namjoon's POV~

"Hyung , she isn't home yet?" Taehyung came running along with Lily.

"Ajhumma did she tell you something?" Lily asked Nara. 

"No, we had lunch and then I went to sleep. I was feeling a little coughy so I had some medicine and slept. I only woke up after Namjoon returned." Nara answered in a regretful tone.

"It's okay aunty. Don't be sad she will be back soon" Lily said trying to sound hopeful. 

I checked my watch. It has been an hour since I returned home and God knows when she left the house. I was trying to not be paranoid, she was a grown woman who had spent all her life alone taking care of herself. I tried reasoning that she might have forgotten her phone by mistake. Maybe nara was asleep so she went for a walk but nothing really helped . With every passing second I just grew even more anxious and scared. 

I hadn't felt this kind of emotions in a long time, there was this unsettling feeling of sudden fear . Fear of not being able to see her again, fear of something bad happening to her. 

" No no it won't work like this ." I turned to Taehyung who seemed to be calling a few numbers along with Lily. "Tae let's go. We can't just sit back and wait. Let's go and ask around" 

"Okay" Taehyung nodded. 

"I will come with y'all too" Lily stood up too.

"No need Lily. I am here" 

End of his POV~

You stumbled two steps back by the force his body collided into you. Hadn't it been for his tight grip around your body you might as well have fallen on the floor due to the impact. 

"Where the hell were you yn?!! And why didn't you take your phone? Do you even know how scared-"

His index finger gilded under your chin raising your head.

"Why are your eyes red? Were you crying? What happened yn?" A sudden panic hit him when he noticed your pale face. 

"Babe what happened ? Are you okay? Where did you go?" Lily asked worriedly. 

"I..I am okay guys. I just left for a walk . You know na how moody I am these days. I sat on the park bench to take a rest but somehow began overthinking and my hormones seemed to be all over the place forcing me to cry and then I didn't even realise how time passed. So sorry for making you all worried." 

Your words seemed very unconvincing to all of them but thankfully no one pressed further. 

"You don't have to say sorry yn but you really made us all so worried. Please carry your phone without forgetting."

"Yeah I will keep that in my mind from now on. Sorry but I feel tired. I am going up , Lily I will text you later. I want to test now" 

Your weird behaviour was pretty obvious to everyone there. After you, even Lily and Taehyung left . 

-

Namjoon slowly entered your room but you were already asleep, your back facing him.

"Yn, I know you aren't sleeping and are just acting. I can't speak for others but I could see it in your eyes that whatever you said earlier wasn't true. You don't know how to lie. I won't force you ofcourse but just know that I am always here . If nothing more than I will just listen to whatever you have to speak. It helps talking to people . " 

Namjoon waited a few minutes hoping you would say anything, if nothing at least turn around and let him see your face. He knew it, he knew you weren't asleep yet. He didn't miss how you immediately turned the other way the moment you heard the door opening.