32. Three Turns Should Do It

"Sorry about the bite," Sirius said to Ron, helping him up back along the tunnel. "I reckon that twinges a bit."

Ron gritted his teeth. "A bit?" he groaned. "A bit? You almost tore my leg off!"

"I was going for the rat," Sirius mumbled, glancing at Pettigrew. "Normally," he said a little louder, "I have a very sweet disposition as a dog. In fact, more than once, James suggested that I make the change permanent." He stopped a moment, adjusting Ron's arm around his shoulder. "The tail I could have live with. But the fleas . . . they're murder."

Nobody spoke again until they had reached the end of the tunnel. Lupin quickly raised his wand as though he wanted to point the Whomping Willow through the dirt, and said, "Immobilus." As quickly as he had raised his wand, he lowered it toward Pettigrew.

Even so, Y/N glared at the branches as he clambered upward, half expecting to see them savage everything around. But they remained quiet.

The grounds were very dark now; the only light came from the distant windows of the castle.

Y/N saw Ron up through the hole, helped him sitting on a rock under the Willow, then took Hermione's hand to help her climb out the tunnel.

As Pettigrew staggered outside, Lupin voice came threateningly from the darkness of the hole, "One wrong move, Peter." His wand came first out of the dark, pointed at Pettigrew's chest.

"You okay?" Y/N asked Ron.

"I'm fine," Ron murmured, slowly extending his broken leg. His face twisted in pain.

"That looks really painful," Hermione said in a whisper.

"So painful," Ron said. "They might chop it."

"Madam Pomfrey will fix it in a heartbeat, don't worry," Y/N said, not really looking at Ron's leg. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Sirius a little away, the light of the castle cutting his silhouette out. He wasn't alone. Next to him, on his left, was Harry. He wondered what they could be talking about.

Suddenly something grabbed his arm. A hand. He turned his head. It was Pettigrew.

"Clever boy! Surely you won't let them give me to the dementors?" Pettigrew squeaked.

"Get away from him!" Lupin ordered.

He seized Pettigrew's arm and forced him on his feet. And then—

A cloud shifted. They were suddenly dim shadows on the ground. They were bathed in moonlight.

Y/N looked at Lupin. He had gone rigid. Then his limbs began to shake.

"Oh, my—" Hermione gasped.

She started to make a move toward Lupin, but Y/N flung out one arm to make her stop.

Sirius came running. "Remus, my old friend. Have you taken your potion tonight?"

He grabbed Lupin between his arms to stop his limbs from waving. A gurgling sound came from down Lupin's throat. "You know the man you truly are, Remus! This heart is where you truly live!" Sirius thrust a finger against Lupin's chest. "This heart here!"

There was a terrible snarling noise. Lupin's head lengthened. His body too. His shoulder hunched. Hair sprouted on his face and hands, which were curling into clawed paws.

Y/N stood transfixed at the sight of his teacher transforming into a beast. Hermione's scream alerted him.

Pettigrew had dived for Lupin's dropped wand. Ron, unsteady with his broken leg, tried to jump on him and fell. There was a bang, a burst of light—and Ron lay motionless on the ground.

Can A Phoenix Love A Lion? (Hermione Granger x Male Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara