44. The Third Task

Time passed, and it was already the day of the third task. Y/N, Hermione, Harry and Ron were eating breakfast in the Great Hall, when Professor McGonagall walked up to them.

"Potter, L/N, the champions are congregating in the chamber off the Hall after breakfast," she said.

"But the task's not till tonight!" Harry said.

"I'm aware of that, Potter," she said. "The champions' families are invited to watch the final task, you know. This is simply a chance for you to greet them."

She moved away. Harry gaped at her.

"She doesn't expect the Dursleys to turn up, does she?" he asked blankly.

"Don't know," Ron said. "Anyway, I'd better hurry, I'm going to be late for Binns. See you later."

He stood up, and Hermione quickly followed him.

Y/N and Harry finished breakfast in the emptying Great Hall, then stood up and went to the side chamber and entered. Krum was over in a corner, conversing with his mother and father in rapid Bulgarian. In another corner, Cedric talked to his father, who gestured way too excitedly. Harry gaped when he saw Mrs Weasley and Bill, one of Ron's brothers, standing in front of the fireplace, beaming at him. By the window, Fleur jabbered away in French to her mother, while her father talked to Y/N's own mom; his father, William and Poppy were staring at the room and through the window, pointing at this and that, speechless.

When Y/N came next to them, William grinned and said, "Surprise! Bet you'd forgotten us."

"I certainly wasn't expecting you at Hogwarts," Y/N said, smiling.

"You all right?" Poppy asked, still staring around. "I've got to say, now I'm jealous."

"Oh, here you are!" His mother hugged him so hard he had to catch his breath once she let go of him. "Turn around, I want to be sure nothing happened to you."

Next to him, his father plainly held from bursting out laughing. "To think that I, who don't know anything about magic, was okay with you entering this tournament. I told you nothing would happen to him, Mary."

Fleur, Y/N noticed, was eyeing something with great interest over her mother's shoulder. He glanced back, and saw she was looking at Bill Weasley.

"I see you've got no objection to long hair or earrings with fangs on them," he taunted her.

"I don't see what you're talking about," she said.

"I think you see really well what I'm talking about. It's not like you've been staring at him for the last five minutes."

"It's so good to be back here," Y/N's mother said, looking around the chamber.

"Fancy giving us a tour, Y/N?" his father said.

"All right," he said, and they made their way back toward the door into the entrance hall.

Y/N had a great morning walking over the sunny grounds with his family, showing them the Beauxbatons carriage and the Durmstrang ship. William was intrigued by the Whomping Willow, and even tried to get close—had Y/N not been there, he would have been skyrocketed into the air. William also wanted to know what it did to beat a dragon, and when Y/N showed him the tiny dragon, he started asking their mother if they could keep it as a pet.

They returned to the castle for lunch, and came into the Great Hall.

"Wow," William said.

"And that's where you eat every day?" Poppy said.

"Yeah," Y/N said.

"Is there a spell that allows body swap?" William asked. "I want to eat here every day."